Reliance Limited Partnership offers essential home services to customers across Canada keeping homeowners warm in the winter, cool in the summer and with an endless supply of hot water.
Reliance is a $450 million business today having doubled in size over the last 5 years. The Reliance portfolio consists of over 1.2 million residential water heaters in Ontario and is Canada’s largest portfolio of rental water heaters. It is also one of Canada’s largest heating and cooling companies. What has remained core to the business in our fast growing company is the continual development of strong customer relationships and loyalty, and investment in employees and systems necessary to cost-effectively and efficiently manage the business.
Past performance and future plans demonstrate that the business is doing the right things in its quest to become the destination of choice in its vertical by offering consumers products and services they want and value. The organization is well positioned to continue to out-perform others in a competitive marketplace.
More information about Reliance can be found on the company’s website at http://www.reliancehomecomfort.com
To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, we are looking for a high energy, results focused individual for the following role:
Position: Health & Safety Specialist - Contract
Reports to: Health & Safety Manager
The Health and Safety Specialist will assist in the development and implementation of processes/tools to ensure that our organization is in total compliance with all applicable Health and Safety legislation. Responsibilities include deploying a Health and Safety program, performing and facilitating regular health and safety audits, and contributing to our business goals and health and safety targets.
- Implement and maintain a corporate Health and Safety program including all procedures, standards of performance, metric systems for tracking adherence to health and safety protocols and evaluating best practices focusing on accident prevention, hazard identification and job analysis
- Analyze external and internal trends in order to implement proactive precautionary procedures to improve health and safety targets
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and provincial legislative requirements
- Liaise with various agencies including the Ministry of Labour ensuring potential ministry and/or other governmental OHS inspections or audits (e.g. Work Well Audit) are passed satisfactorily and any deficiencies are identified and corrected immediately
- Quality assurance monitoring and auditing of all Occupational Health and Safety programs, processes and activities
- Ensure the Joint Health and Safety Committees meetings and facility inspections are being conducted as required through implementing standardized processes
- Identifying and delivering training as required for the health and safety of employees
- Participate in proactive workplace wellness initiatives
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Post-secondary certificate/diploma or university degree in Occupational Health & Safety Related field, (e.g., Occupational Health & Safety, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene); CSRP designation an asset or working towards same
- Minimum 2 years Health, Safety and Ergonomics field experience in a promotion role
- Experience in conducting ergonomic assessments, ergonomics training sessions, Physical Demands Analyses (PDAs), and developing solutions for injury prevention, in industrial/service, warehouse and office settings
- Proficient in use of ergonomic data collection and assessment tools (i.e. NIOSH, RULA, Snook, etc.) and familiarity with MSD Prevention Guidelines
- Demonstrated results in health and safety training and coaching initiatives
- Demonstrated results in driving forth health and safety standards and accident reduction
- Experience in policy/procedure/business process development and quality improvement would be ideal
- Strong teamwork and service excellence skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation and training skills
- Proven project and time management skills
- Relationship building; strong ability to develop new and effective relationships with internal and external contacts
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills including ability to influence and negotiate to desired outcomes.
- Flexibility and adaptability; high capacity to effectively prioritize and manage multiple conflicting priorities and to work under pressure in a high-paced, results-focused evolving organization
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and clear driver abstract
- Position requires frequent travel to branches within Ontario and to out-of-province branches
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates. This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.