The HSE Advisor supports health, safety and environmental goals and initiatives for Parker operations within the jurisdictional area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned).
- Interfaces with rig crew and monitors activities to promote safe operations
- Assists rig management in fulfilment of required HSE mandates
- Mentors personnel regarding HSE policies, procedures and standards to promote understanding and implementation consistent with Company goals and objectives
- Mentors personnel regarding national and local HSE regulations associated with drilling operations
- Works with Rig and HSE management to define HSE goals, priorities and KPIs
- Facilitates and / or conducts safety meetings
- Assists in preparation and review of JSAs and permits; reviews hazards and precautions with workers for same
- Represents Parker Drilling HSE interests with client personnel
- Supports incident notification, investigation and reporting process, including root cause analysis
- Participates in audits and inspections
- Conducts visitor HSE inductions / orientations
- Works with Division HSE Manager to develop training plans in accord with the Training Matrix as well as regulatory and client requirements
- Supports emergency response readiness training and drills
- Reviews COACH, SWA and HAZID cards and enters them into the data management system
- Tracks and reports action items associated with incidents, audits and inspections
- Maintains required documentation
- Translates HSE documents (if required by jurisdiction)
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Divisional HSE Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must possess an understanding of safe drilling operations, multinational work forces and the ability to observe/manage human and environmental risks associated with drilling and production.
- Understand, interpret and implement Parker policies, procedures and standards as well as national and local regulations.
- Recognized experience in safe systems of work (PTW, JSA, Personal Risk Assessment, and Root Cause Analysis) is beneficial.
- Must be able to understand and work mathematical equations.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Must be a self-motivator and work without close supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize jobs and work under tight time constraints.
- Must have good computer skills (preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint software).
Education and/or Experience
- Must have 2 -5 years HSE experience
- Must have 3 – 5 years work experience with a drilling contractor
- Degree in HSE or related field preferred
- Must be proficient in English
- Proficiency in local language also required for international assignments
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting (maximum of 50 pounds), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, crawling, reaching high and low, and repetitive wrist and hand movements. Hearing, seeing and the ability of rapid mental coordination. Mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position works inside and outside of the office environment in the local country. Travel to remote work locations is required. Ability to navigate effectively on drilling rigs and associated camp support areas is necessary.