Senior Communications Advisors, Various Countries
Management Systems International’s Strategic Communications Practice Area has a strong presence around the globe. We are seeking senior-level Communications Advisors for future short-term, field-based assignments on a variety of projects, and particularly hope to identify skilled communications experts with whom we can build ongoing consulting relationships.
The Advisors will lead communications efforts for USAID-funded and other donor-funded projects, as well as work directly on behalf of national governments to improve overall communications activities and approaches. They will develop communications strategies, recommend targeted in-country approaches and work on crafting key messaging and audience targeting. Social media and video production will also likely be part of overall communications efforts. These positions will be short-term, field based in nature, with durations from 2 weeks to 6 months.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Develop long-term communications strategies and budgets; and in addition, devise short-term communications campaigns around specific issues and initiatives;
• Help to establish full-service communications offices and set up internal procedures for gathering and sharing information;
• Establish a project’s brand image and work with team to establish guidelines for branding compliance;
• Conceive, draft and edit external marketing materials with local teams;
• Provide strategic communications training to local staff;
• Incorporate innovative communications methodologies to reach target audiences, using social media, video and other means which are contextual to situation;
• Help to compile, draft, and format external marketing materials for websites, publications, etc.
• Demonstrated expertise in strategic communications within developing country contexts;
• Extensive communications-related training experience, including training expatriate and local communications personnel in media relations, crisis communications, messaging, audience targeting and other relevant skills;
• Superior writing and oral communication skills;
• Proficiency with media creation/editing programs, including knowledge of video production desirable;
• Experience developing and managing social media campaigns, and in-depth understanding of the changing social media scene, including tools such as Twitter, Facebook and blogs;
• Branding experience, specifically including knowledge of USAID branding rules and regulations;
• Ability to work independently as well as a member of a larger team;
• Understanding of and experience working in diverse cultural settings, including experience managing local staff;
• Fluency in English (FS 5, reading/speaking/writing); Arabic and/or French fluency desirable.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.