PEOPLE CARING FOR PEOPLE:
We care passionately for the well-being of the people we serve,
each other, our families and our communities.
Director of Internal & Executive Communications
This position develops and deploys the internal and executive communication strategies and processes that support Martin’s Point’s mission and culture. The Director provides strong leadership for the department within and outside the organization and excellent management to the department personnel. The Director develops recurring communications vehicles and customized communications/presentations to inform employees about special projects or initiatives. Communications must be tightly synchronized with the MPHC strategies, advance our culture and enhance employees understanding of our goals and mission. The Director Internal and Executive Communications will also consult with and coach the President and Executive Management Team for expert delivery of key messages.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategic plan for all internal organizational communications that aligns with Martin’s Point’s mission, strategies and culture.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for the Executive Management Team, especially the President, to dialog with Martin’s Point employees about our strategic initiatives, goals and our culture.
- Works closely with the organization to develop communications that reflect the vision, tone, and direction of the President.
- Implements plans to ensure that internal messaging is appropriate, consistent and inspiring to employees.
- Closely monitors the pulse of the organization and ensures that communication efforts are building trust throughout the organization.
- Collaborates with Martin’s Point leaders to create a strategy and content for internal communications.
- Develops and monitors content for the corporate website.
- Develops new communication vehicles to enhance transparency of information to all employees.
- Develops tests, and implements a comprehensive crisis communication plan.
- Coordinates closely with the Marketing department’s strategic and operating programs.
- Leads and manages a high performing Communications team that achieves the department operating plan goals and that continually develops individual and team competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters Degree a plus.
- Minimum of ten years experience in public relations/communications with accomplishments in the strategic applications of communications functions and services.
- Minimum of 8 years of team management experience in a corporation or other organized entity.
- Experience using a wide array of communication tools from print media to television to Internet and interactive technology.
- Must have significant experience leading Internal Communications within an organization.
- Health care and/or not-for-profit experience preferred.
- Ability to anticipate critical issues affecting the company and its employees and the skill to develop proactive approaches to manage these issues.
- Excellent team management skills, with demonstrated ability and desire to coach employees and develop staff through training, stretch assignments and constructive feedback, and with demonstrated ability to delegate responsibility and establish accountability.
- Strong track record in both individual execution and in leading teams in execution.
- Excellent customer service focus: Team oriented individual with a high level of interpersonal skills, positive personality and the ability to relate to all internal and external customers in a productive and professional manner.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to communicate to inspire, persuade or inform and to promote and advocate on behalf of the organization.
- Creative, with the ability to see the big picture and facilitate change.
- Ability to articulately describe what is unique and special about Martin’s Point.
All Internal Communications staff report to Director.
Collaborate with HR leadership team to build and manage budget.
MPHC Core Competencies:
- Communication: Provides timely, concise, and audience appropriate information orally and/or in writing.
- Initiative: Proactively focuses efforts and energy on successfully attaining goals and objectives.
- Work Habits and Productivity: Able to maximize time to produce timely, quality results.
- Relationship with Others: Establishes and maintains constructive relationships.
- Teamwork: Collaborates with a variety of individuals to accomplish goals.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrates commitment to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Performance Management: Translates organizational direction into specific team and individual contributor job expectations, manages performance through effective monitoring, coaching and feedback.
- Resource Management: Influences results through appropriate staffing, budgetary management, removing performance barriers and maximizing available resources.
- Team Management: Establishes and maintains a collaborative environment capitalizing on employee talents, experience, interests and diversity to reach high performance.
Martin's Point Health Care offers comprehensive employee benefits, including health, dental and life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401K, earned time, 10 holidays per year, and a tuition assistance program.
Martin's Point Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.