Perform community setup functions within the People Soft (El) system, cost code validation, option creation and create schedule"A" (contracts) in order to produce an efficient and effective purchasing production operation.
- Guide material suppliers, trade partners, field associates and sales/design associates towards solutions regarding procurement inquiries by investigating and determining what actions need to be administered.
- Perform community setup functions including but not limited to; creating the community, creating options, cost code validation, creating schedule "A" contracts for vendors, supporting Division Purchasing Managers.
- Monitor Variance Purchase Orders and Back charges for completeness and accuracy.
- Provide support along with Purchasing Manager for all product, pricing and vendor changes.
- Support Purchasing Manager in relationship of cost codes to activities.
- Experience in Purchasing with a residential homebuilder strongly preferred. Candidates with this experience will be highly considered.
Requirements include a bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Intermediate or higher level of proficiency in Excel is required.
Candidate must be dedicated to providing Associates with information and be counted on to exceed goals so accurate decisions can be made. The capacity for using time effectively and efficiently while focusing on the most important priorities is a necessity for this position. Maintaining a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings is required. The candidate must proactively face challenges while being committed to providing customers with excellent services and products. A proven track record of success in practicing attentive listening, meeting deadlines under pressure and building effective relationships is a must.
As a member of the K. Hovnanian team, you’ll receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including a 401(k) as well as medical, dental and vision plans.