Baker Required - Bob's Bakery, Hamilton Island
Hamilton Island is now seeking a Baker for Bob's Bakery conveniently located on the marina side on busy Front Street. This is Hamilton Island’s only bakery outlet and provides premium breads, savoury items, sandwiches, wraps, cakes and pastries products directly to guests in a retail setting and also to our island restaurants. The Bakery also services the island lunch truck and specialty cakes on request.
About the Role
- Full time permanent position
- Great hours - 4 pm starts!
- Salaried position based on 40 hour work week; however from time to time you will be required to work in excess of these hours within reason when the island is busy
- Work in small team of 3 to produce a variety of quality products from scratch for the bakery and restaurant outlets on island
- Some delivery driving may be required
- Live on island position
- Trade qualifications with a Certificate III in Bakery
- Open drivers licence
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a baker in a busy outlet
- Experience with gourmet breads and pastry items preferred or a willingness to learn
- Experience with Vietnamese breads an asset
- A positive and self motivated attitude
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
About Hamilton Island
- Largest inhabited island located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef in the Whitsundays
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Close-knit social environment and work culture.
- Walk to work – forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
Ready to continue your professional career in paradise? Apply Today!