Chef de Partie Required – Conventions and Events, Hamilton Island
More than just a holiday destination, Hamilton Island also plays host to a vast range of conferences, weddings and special events, most notably Audi Race Week. With the largest conference facilities in the region and a multitude of packages and services available, Hamilton Island is a business tourism paradise. The dedicated Conventions team is now looking for a Chef de Partie to join their team.
About the Role
- 120+ corporate functions and 450+ weddings annually
- Conventions up to 1000 pax (60-120 pax average)
- Large variety of events ranging from live bbq stations, street parades, cooking lessons and master classes to triathlons, Audi Race Week, The Great Barrier Feast and more!
- Full-time permanent position. Varied shifts: days, nights and weekends.
- Achieve consistent high standards of food quality and production
- Maintain Hamilton Island’s consistent standards of excellence
- Live on island role.
- Certificate 3 in Commercial Cookery
- Full manual drivers licence
- Minimum 3 years post-apprenticeship experience in high volume kitchens and off-site catering
- Demonstrated experience managing busy kitchens and leading teams
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Reliable and flexible attitude
- Not afraid of long hours and hard work required to achieve standards of excellence
About Hamilton Island
- Largest inhabited island located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef
- Award-winning venues
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island
- Attractive base salary and subsidized staff accommodation
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
- Make great friends, walk to work and swim on your breaks!
Ready to continue your professional career the beautiful Whitsunday Islands?