Commis Chef Required – Mariners, Hamilton Island
Mariners is now seeking a motivated and professional Commis Chef. This position is for an Immediate Start.
About The Role
- Full time permanent position; shifts on a rotating roster
- Open 5 nights/wk
- 60 seat upmarket a la carte restaurant
- Modern French seafood cuisine
- Work in a small team to achieve consistent high standards of food quality and production
- Live on island position
- Must have successfully completed Certificate 3 in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)
- Minimum 2 years of post-apprenticeship experience in fine dining a la carte restaurants/hotels
- Demonstrated experience working in different sections
- Classical background (French-influenced) preferred
- Reliable and flexible attitude
About Hamilton Island
- Largest inhabited island located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef in the Whitsundays
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Close-knit social environment and work culture.
- Walk to work – forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
Ready to continue your professional career in paradise? Apply Today!