Commis Chefs Required - Manta Ray Cafe, Hamilton Island
Hamilton Island is now looking for enthusiastic Commis Chefs for Manta Ray Cafe, our newly refurbished Mediterranean cafe on island.
About the Role
- Full time permanent position; shifts on a rotating roster
- Salaried position based on 40 hour work week; however from time to time you will be required to work in excess of these hours within reason when the island is busy
- Bustling cafe open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Takeaway and delivery service
- Achieve consistent high standards of food quality and production
- Live on island position
- Must have successfully completed Certificate 3 in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery)
- Minimum 4 years of full-time cooking experience
- Previous experience in high volume a la carte service
- Impeccable grooming and personal presentation
- Having a high level of physically fitness - this is a demanding role in hot and humid tropical conditions
- A good attitude and willingness to learn and contribute to the success of your team
- Previous experience with woodfired pizzas, stonegrill ovens and chargrilling an asset
About Hamilton Island
- Largest inhabited island located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef in the Whitsundays
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Close-knit social environment and work culture.
- Walk to work – forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
- Opportunity to progress quickly in your professional career. Work your way up the ladder on Hamilton Island!
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!
Ready to continue your professional career in paradise? Apply Today!