Events Floor Manager - Conventions
More than just a holiday destination, Hamilton Island also plays host to a vast range of conferences, weddings and special events, most notably Audi Race Week. With the largest conference facilities in the region and a multitude of packages and services available, Hamilton Island is a business tourism paradise.
About the Role
- 120+ corporate functions and 450+ weddings annually
- Conventions up to 1000 pax (60-120 pax average)
- Large variety of events ranging from live bbq stations, street parades, cooking lessons and master classes to triathlons, Audi Race Week, The Great Barrier Feast and more!
- Full-time permanent position. Varied shifts: days, nights and weekends.
- Assisting the Events Operations Manager in overseeing and implementing procedures across all events ensuring Hamilton Island's standards of excellence.
- Managing a team of Assistant Events Operations Managers, Supervisors and Food and Beverage Attendants
- Liasing with clients ensuring all guest needs
- Staff training, rostering, ordering and stocktake
- Live on island role.
- Employment background in high-end conferencing and events
- Demonstrated experience managing large banqueting teams
- Must have a current QLD RSA
- Open manual driver’s licence essential
- Approved Managers Licence and Forklift licence desireable
- Impeccable personal presentation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
Why Work With Hamilton Island?
- Largest inhabited island located on the edge of the Great Barrier Reef in the Whitsundays
- Award-winning international holiday destination
- Close-knit social environment and work culture.
- Walk to work – forget city traffic and stress! Enjoy the outdoors and idyllic environment.
- Subsidised staff accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings
- Employee discounts on a wide array of restaurants, transport and island activities!