Hamilton Island in the heart of the tropical Whitsundays is Australia's favourite island holiday destination. As the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, our safe waters, spectacular marine life and relaxed island lifestyle are a magnet for yachting, fishing, diving, beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts from all around the world. Hamilton Island has 4 Resorts and 15 Restaurants and Bars as well as a large conventions operation, maintenance and trades team and associated services for you to develop your career in.
The Engineering & Services department on Hamilton Island is seeking to employ a Electrical Operations Manager to oversee and manage all of the electrical engineering operations across the island. This role will play an integral part in the management and coordination of the islands electrical infrastructure and utilities network ensuring a high quality of work and safety at all times.
Additional duties and responsibilities will be undertaken in the role;
- Manage the day to day operations of the Electrical Services department
- Oversee the maintenance and operation of the electrical supply on both the mainland and the island
- Manage the contractual electricity supply agreements with external stakeholders
- Maintain and update legislation requirements, standards, products and practices within the Engineering discipline
- Participate in the maintenance, installation and all operational duties involved with the power generation plant, high voltage distribution systems, installations, preventative maintenance and fault finding on an industrial level whilst also being on call when required
- Oversee the overall technical quality, integrity and compliance of all electrical designs and systems
- Manage the maintenance and operation of both the Airport lighting and Elevators across the island
To be considered for this role the successful applicant will hold the following;
- Queensland Electrical Mechanic/Fitter Licence (Essential)
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (Desirable)
- Diploma of Management (Desirable)
- Previous experience with High Voltage Electrical work – including network infrastructure and generation plants, instrumentation technique experience (Essential)
- Switchboard rescue experience (Essential)
- Previous experience in a Project Manager role (Essential)
- Queensland Drivers licence (Essential)
As part of this team you will enjoy working in a close-knit social environment, in a culture where your talent and achievements will be recognised. Benefits include an attractive base salary or wage and subsidised accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings. You will also enjoy the perks of working on the island such as discounted gym facilities, staff bar and café with extended opening hours, staff discounts on a range of water sports, activities, and all of the island’s restaurants.