Hamilton Island in the heart of the tropical Whitsundays is Australia's favourite island holiday destination. As the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, our safe waters, spectacular marine life and relaxed island lifestyle are a magnet for yachting, fishing, diving, beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts from all around the world. Hamilton Island has 5 Hotels and 15 Restaurants and Bars as well as a large conventions operation, maintenance and trades team and associated services for you to develop your career in.
The Maintenance and Trades team are currently recruiting for an experienced Plumber/Gas Fitter who holds the relevant qualifications and experience to apply their skills in a fast paced, guest focused Resort environment.
You will be required to undertake the following duties and responsibilities in the role:
• Plumbing repairs and maintenance to all building areas around the island
• Attend to any urgent requests to ensure guest comfort and satisfaction
• Maintenance and security of all tools and record a log of all applications and jobs attended to
• Participate in on call and emergency call outs on a rotating roster when required
To be successful in the role you MUST hold:
• Certificate III in Plumbing (essential)
• Queensland Drainer and Gas Fitter Ticket (essential)
• Queensland manual drivers licence (essential)
• Previous experience in Tourism or Resorts (desirable)
As part of this team you will enjoy working in a close-knit social environment, in a culture where your talent and achievements will be recognised. Benefits include an attractive base salary or wage and subsidised accommodation paid out of pre-tax earnings. You will also enjoy the perks of working on the island such as discounted gym facilities, staff bar and café with extended opening hours, staff discounts on a range of water sports, activities and all of the island’s restaurants.