Cook - Chef De Partie
|Location:||Fontainebleau Miami Beach|
General Summary of Duties:
Responsible to assist the Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef to ensure quality food is prepared and displayed in order to achieve customer satisfaction and profitability while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in designated work areas.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands:
Requires mobility. Ability to grasp, lift, move, or push goods on cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 pounds. Ability to work in confined spaces. Sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is performed in the kitchen locations of the property. Exposure to chemical cleaning solvents. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following):
1. Assist with the preparation and display of high quality foods as established by the Chef de Cuisine.
2. Ensure all stations are properly set prior to service and make the necessary corrections if needed.
3. Provide training and experience to staff to adhere to the quality standards of the department.
4. Ensure food is handled, processed, and stored in accordance with the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) program.
5. Ensure good customer relations are maintained at all times, in particular when working in the public areas of the hotel.
6. Report any questionable product concerns to the Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef to maximize product utilization and minimize waste.
7. Assume Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef responsibilities during absence.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities):
Knowledge of statutory requirements regarding health and safety, sanitation, proper chemical usage, fire procedures, and HACCP. Knowledge of all kitchen equipment operations. Ability to read, write, and understand English. Ability to perform basic/intermediate math skills. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, staff, and guests. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
High school education or equivalent. Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results