At BlueHornet we believe highly dynamic, personalized email marketing programs can help marketers cut through the clutter and turn subscribers into rabid brand loyalists. With every implementation, we seek to ensure our clients are challenging their programs to ensure optimal performance.
Hornets are passionate about shattering the status quo. The inbox is a battlefield and consumers are empowered with ultimate control over how they engage with a brand, across multiple surfaces, at any time.
Our customers include brands like Lululemon Athletica, PacSun, Tilly’s, KFC, Burger King, NetGear, Xerox, CNET, and TheLadders.
Expectations of a Senior User Experience Designer
- Be customer focused - make interaction and visual design recommendations based on user research, contextual inquiry or usability testing
- Be articulate – propose multiple design solutions that fulfill project and business requirements, articulate the strengths of each, and recommend which would best meet the project goals based on research and feasibility
- Be engaged – this role spans the entire software development lifecycle and is engaged in every stage from ideation, planning, prototyping, wireframes, visual design, specification, production and rollout
- Be collaborative – collaborate with product managers, internal users, business analysts, developers and quality assurance to champion the customer needs. Solicit feedback and constructive contribution in review sessions with peers
- Think strategically - design and deliver innovative user experiences that consider user needs, business goals, technological possibilities and feasibility
- Simplify - Design simple and elegant solutions despite the complexity of the system
- Be a champion for UX - visualize and communicate your ideas effectively and compellingly for internal business stakeholders, partners, customers and developers
- Responsible for delivering product vision, UI specifications, wireframes and prototypes
- 4+ years of visual and interactive design experience in delivering SaaS products. Experience with SaaS products focused on internet marketing a plus.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management and Quality Assurance. Seasoned in Agile development processes is a plus.
- Knowledge of user experience methodology, information architecture, usability, storytelling, user stories, prototyping, problem-solving skills and design principles
- Ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- History of executing great customer experiences, while inspiring others to get behind your vision, and delivering products that delight users with powerful simplicity
- Self-directed, organized, and able to manage multiple complex projects in an efficient and timely manner
- Expertise with design tools such as Photoshop, wire-framing and prototyping tools.
- Expert knowledge of HTML & CSS3 with a solid understanding of JSON, XML, RESTful services
- Experience with cross browser compatibility, responsive design (media queries), troubleshooting, and able to debug front end UI issues with Firebug or Chrome inspector
- Experience with web technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions.
- Familiarity with front end frameworks a strong plus (Backbone, Angular, Knockout etc…)
- Ability to create clickable jQuery prototypes a plus
- Strong online portfolio
- Experience with email marketing applications a huge plus