SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
|Location:||Palo Alto, CA|
|# of Openings:||1|
At CyDesign, we democratize access to powerful modeling and analysis tools for systems engineering. Our software helps companies design better, cheaper, and safer automobiles, aircraft, biomedical devices, industrial machinery, or even spacecraft. We deploy our solutions on public and private clouds in order to eliminate barriers to access and to turbocharge the analysis process.
We are a subsidiary of ESI Group, a well-respected engineering software company. At CyDesign, you get the best of both worlds: a Silicon Valley startup environment and culture backed by a stable, multinational corporation. We offer great benefits and have a wonderful future ahead of us.
• Have built and shipped a product which real customers paid to use.
• Can talk with and understand customers (without scaring them away).
• Are able argue design implications as readily as coding strategies, and back up your arguments with working implementations.
• Have deep understanding of the full web application stack.
• Appreciate clean, intuitive user experiences (UI/UX) and strive to offer the same in your work products.
• Enjoy working with cross-functional, international teams.
• Prefer to apply your skills and energy to products that make a real difference.
Your primary responsibility will be continued development and maintenance of a cloud-based modeling and simulation application. This position is an individual contributor / influencer role, so your skill in persuading and leading engineering teams through knowledge, experience, and insight are essential to success. You will also coordinate with development teams in UK, France and India to oversee the development and deployment of our solutions. As custom integrations are part of our solution set, a customer-centric approach is critical for success. The successful candidate will be a generalist software engineer / problem solver with a broad range of skills and interests.
Desired Skills and Experience
• BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a software engineer.
• Demonstrated experience with web application development and RESTful services.
• Experience building systems with SQL and NoSQL databases.
• UI/UX skills (especially HTML5) are desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Occasional domestic and international travel may be required to collaborate with development partners and customers.
CyDesign Labs is located in San Jose, CA, with a subsidiary in Coventry, UK and development partnerships in France and India.
CyDesign is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results