Clear Capital is a rapidly growing, privately-held company located near Lake Tahoe in the mountain resort town of Truckee, Calif. Cultivating the highest levels of customer ethics, we serve as a trusted partner for customers across the mortgage and lending industries. We use the most progressive technologies available and human, hands-on analytics to deliver highly accurate and reliable valuation tools. This unique combination of customer ethics and progressive technology makes Clear Capital the ideal choice for people seeking a high trust and high tech work environment.
The Network Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining ClearCapital's Network Infrastructure. In addition to configuring and supporting network components such as firewalls, switches, load balancers, and routers, this position will implement security initiatives and standards for safeguarding data held by the company. This position will work closely with business managers (Leadership Team), the executive team (Senior Leadership Team) and Information Systems management. The Network Engineer will proactively and monitor the networks, platform systems and telephony devices, ensuring performance, capacity and security SLAs are met.
The qualified candidate must keep current on network security configurations, firewalls, and other network systems that they will implement and manage. They will be responsible for the continuing growth of the corporate and production network environments. They will document and develop upon current network designs as well as deployment of future network infrastructure. The Network Engineer will also be responsible for but not limited to all VoIP communications, public circuits and systems necessary to support our communications platform.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all network infrastructure current and future designs
- Identify protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with corporate strategic plans
- Manage the development and implementation of information security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of information security and protection. Information protection responsibilities will include network security architecture, network access and monitoring policies
- Prioritize security initiatives and implementation based on appropriate risk management and/or financial methodology. Advise on system security requirements and architectural designs
- Manage security-centric infrastructure components and various scanning tools.
- Install, configure, manage, and maintain mission critical enterprise firewalls, IPS, VPN and other technologies.
- Work with multiple teams throughout IT on remediation activities.
- Participate in Incident Response activities.
- Work with outside consultants as appropriate for independent security audits, penetration tests, PCI audits, SSAE16 and customer related audits
- Ensure software and hardware licensing compliance for all network equipment
- Provide design, documentation, and support for all internal network communications system
Required Job Related Skills and Experience
The IT department supports many applications and services for our customers and requires flexibility and adaptability to meet changing priorities in a professional manner.
- Must be an articulate and effective member of the team and who is able to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- Should have experience with business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management,
- Experience performing security assessments
- Experience with Cisco UCS and security technologies.
- Experience with security and networking architecture, networking protocols, network security design, routers, wireless security, intrusion prevention/detection, firewall architecture, SIEM, encryption, investigations, forensics, and incident management response.
- Advanced understanding of WAN/LAN networking technologies and multi site environments.
- Experience with network monitoring, management and secure authentication protocols and tools such as TACACS+/RADIUS.
- Previous history managing or acting as a technical resource for other team members
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, computer science or related discipline is a plus
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in information technology
- Technical security related certifications are a plus, including Cisco's CCNP security certification or certifications from the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium and/or the Global Information Assurance Certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work well in a small team environment
- Experience working directly with senior management
- Team membership - Understanding of team member requirements and expectations
- Physical requirements include:
- Written and verbal communication
- Ability to type and use a computer
- Ability to communicate over the phone
- Ability to bend, kneel and get to equipment that may be located beneath a desk or on the floor
- Ability to climb a ladder to access equipment that may be located in a ceiling or high on shelving
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs
At Clear Capital, we have an underlying philosophy that guides our efforts: Go wherever it leads, and do whatever it takes to help clients find their optimal solution. This philosophy guides how we create and deliver products, and how we interact with our clients, vendors and each other. We offer an exciting fast-paced work environment, challenging and rewarding careers, and competitive compensation and benefits.
Salary is commensurate with experience
Clear Capital is an equal opportunity employer