Cadence, Inc is ranked among the top life science companies providing outsourced design and manufacturing solutions for surgical devices and scientific applications. Due to the company's growth we are looking for an Advanced Quality Engineer to join the team at our Staunton, VA facility. Some of the benefits to you:
- Great Place to Work! – In 2011, we were named one of the top ten “Best Companies to Work For” by Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry magazine. From our company culture to our benefits program, Cadence is an awesome place to work.
- Career Growth – At Cadence we consider our employees to be our most valuable asset, and as such we are committed to providing you an environment where you will be appreciated, respected, and challenged.
- Make a Positive Impact – At Cadence “do the right thing” is more than just a corporate motto; it’s our guiding principle and way of life. You can be proud of the fact that what you do every day will help save lives.
What will you do as an Advanced Quality Engineer at Cadence?
The Advanced QE provides quality engineering direction, analysis and recommendations for product development to successfully launch new products into active production in a timely and cost effective manner. Duties include:
- Serving as an active member on new program teams.
- Leading, participating in, and/or providing guidance on GD&T, gage analysis, OQP, PQ protocols, validation activities, PFMEA, control plans, sampling plans, test methods, and product acceptance criteria.
- Communicating with customer quality/technical contacts.
- Developing and conducting internal training sessions on quality control activities.
- Actively participating in internal audits, management review and other activities.
- Providing customer related quality and regulatory inquiries support.
- Actively participating in the development of the Manufacturing Supply Base including surveillance audits and Corrective Action closure.
What are we seeking in the ideal candidate?
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Quality related field, in addition to these other qualifications:
- Prior experience in a QE role supporting new product & process development
- Experience with regulatory requirements; ISO 13485 & FDA experience preferred
- Experience in the use of computer software for the analysis of data (MS Excel and other statistical packages)
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) a plus
Cadence will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. EEO Employer; M/F/D/V encouraged to apply.