We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant, for the School of Pharmacy at our Los Angeles Campus. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant:
- Coordinates the day-to-day office operations of the School of Pharmacy, provides administrative clerical support to the leadership team, Faculty members, program committees, and educational programs as assigned.
- Prepares meeting agendas, memos, and correspondence;
- Coordinates calendars including scheduling and coordinating meetings and/or conferences, and makes travel arrangements;
- Records, prepares and distributes meeting minutes and reports;
- Prepares and mails program specific forms to internal and external constituents;
- Provides support by processing purchase orders, check requisitions, travel and reimbursement reports;
- Assists with the planning and preparation for program specific events;
- Provides support by accurately proofreading drafts of documents and correspondence;
- Provides reception desk support and mail distribution;
- Assist with specific department needs as per the Chair request.
- Supports the Office of Experiential Education by coordinating the processing of preceptor site affiliation agreements, coordinating the various requirements of preceptor sites and preceptors, and assists with student placement;
- Processes a considerable amount of confidential and sensitive information in support of administrative activities.
- This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties, and the School reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Associate degree in secretarial science or related field preferred.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience performing complex administrative/secretarial duties, preferably including some administrative support work for one or more managers in an academic or business/corporate office environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven multitasking ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Proficient command of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and correct usage of the English language. Basic math skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of office systems, practices, and administration.
- Proficient computer skills and experience in order to set up document formats in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software.
Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team, and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
Health, dental and vision plan
Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
401(k) Plan with employer match
Flexible Spending Account
Long/short term disability and more.
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.