Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers is now hiring an Accounts Receivable Specialist for our Billing office in:
The Accounts Receivable Specialist works to ensure that we are optimizing insurance and patient collections, maintaining accurate balances of patient accounts, and reducing outstanding receivables. This position is also a vital link between patients/responsible party, insurance carriers, and facilities, focusing on collection monies timely and maintaining positive customer relations.
While this position reports to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor, there will be significant interaction with Facility Managers, Vice Presidents of Operations, Front Office Manager, and Front Office Coordinators.
Qualified candidates will receive a very competitive compensation package.
1. Manage outstanding accounts receivable for assigned facilities. Resolve outstanding balances, resubmitting claims and providing necessary information to support prompt payment. Parties which may be contacted to resolve an outstanding balance include but are not limited to patients, responsible parties, insurance carriers, case managers, employers, referring physician, attorneys, and facility personnel.
2. Follow up on outstanding accounts receivable, focusing on maintaining aged receivables within 90 day DSO. Includes researching aged account reports, outstanding “to do” list, and processing problematic EOBs.
3. Make all necessary corrections to the billing system. Research and resolve claims rejected by payor.
4. Identify billing and coverage problems. Communicate with billing and front office staff regarding billing requirements not being met.
5. Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as provided by management.
6. Answer patient and facility questions about account balance and status of payment, in a professional manner.Accounts Receivable
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 1 year previous Collections/Accounts Receivable/Insurance experience in a health care setting.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST ALSO BE ABLE TO:
1. Identify, correct and communicate facility errors to management.
2. Identify and communicate payment trends to management, related to but not limited to payors, CPT codes, diagnosis codes, therapists, etc.
3. Identify, correct and communicate payment posting errors to management.
4. Identify and prepare accounts for assignment to collection agency. Assist agency in obtaining necessary information or documentation to recover the debt.
5. Research outstanding credit balances and prepare requests for refunds.
6. Work with Facility Managers to negotiate payment settlements and discounts.
7. Research and recommend accounts for bad debt write off.
8. Other duties as assigned by management.
To Apply, please provide your resume along with a salary history and salary expectations, along with three professional references.
Candidates who apply without this information will have their application listed as incomplete.