WorldStrides is the nation's largest provider of educational student travel. Committed to enriching students’ lives by enhancing classroom instruction, we offer travel-study experiences ranging from domestic middle school programs to post-graduate international programs. Since our founding in 1967, more than 6 million students have enjoyed our educational travel programs.
WorldStrides is driven by our guiding principles:
- Excellence – Our products, services, and programs are of the highest quality and we consistently strive for improvement.
- Care – We treat our customers, vendors and fellow employees with honesty, respect and professionalism.
- Education – We offer programs with recognized and sound educational objectives.
- Integrity – We set the standard as the ethical leader in the student travel industry.
- Stability – Our continued financial success allows us to reinvest in our staff and business to ensure long-term prosperity and security.
WorldStrides Capstone Programs
WorldStrides Capstone programs are the university and graduate-level experiences that WorldStrides offers. These programs combine safety, integrity, and educational value to create unique global education experiences.
WorldStrides Capstone works specifically with study abroad offices, faculty, and administrators to design short term educational journeys to more than 90 countries. Our programs focus primarily on cultivating college students’ learning through a global perspective, linking their area of study to today’s global environment. In this capacity, the University Travel Specialist will call on all undergraduate disciplines, as well as some graduate programs as assigned by territory. To learn more, please visit us at www.worldstridescapstone.org
Support the sales team and sales process through itinerary creation, pricing development, proposal writing, and direct communications with our worldwide partners. The position also requires some outbound sales calls within a small territory of university accounts assigned to each Inside Sales Specialist.
Sales Skills and Core Responsibilities
- Develop itineraries based on client preferences and direction from the University Travel Specialist working directly with the client.
- Select multiple in-country partners to work with to secure pricing for these itineraries and work with partners to obtain correct inclusions and pricing needs.
- Proof pricing details submitted by in-country partners. Inside Sales Specialist will have autonomy when proofing submitted costs and must ensure that all program components have been included. Inside Sales Specialist must be thorough and complete when proofing these pricings as these are used for producing pricing submitted to client and bind WorldStrides to prices and inclusions submitted in proposal.
- Work within WorldStrides’ unique integrated system
s to create pricing and collaborate with additional Capstone team members to finalize pricing.
- Develop proposals based on templates with a high level of attention to detail.
- Create online registration documents for WorldStrides’ client-facing online registration/payment portal.
- Work territory in a manner that develops knowledge about each school and the travel programs they offer or have the potential to offer.
- Communicate with clients via phone and e-mail with excellent customer service and understanding of client needs.
- Utilize and maintain company’s database to manage sales opportunities.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Attend and contribute to regular department meetings.
- Complete additional responsibilities related to servicing sold accounts as assigned.
- Attend conferences and campus visits periodically.
- University or four year college degree.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude and open-mindedness to coaching and receiving feedback.
- Acute attention to detail, uncompromising organization, detailed documentation, effective time management, and prompt follow-up.
- Ability to work independently when necessary and problem solve accordingly while utilizing available resources.
- Goal-oriented and thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Effective communicator with internal and external stakeholders in WorldStrides’ travel programs.
- Strong analytical skills and, with training, understanding of foreign currencies, calculations of program costs (including fixed and variable costs, as well as management fees), and per-person package pricing.
- Excellent writing skills and client interface through exemplary customer service. A writing sample may be required.
- Ability to remain focused and self-motivated to assist the sales team in achieving sales goals during the fall and spring selling seasons.
- A quick learner that can grasp and execute the WorldStrides Capstone programs sales strategy to move opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Possesses a firm understanding and extensive use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Word.
- Available to travel domestically and/or internationally to help operate travel programs.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.