|<< Back to Search Results
Manufacturing Internship / Co-Op (Spring 2014)
|# of openings:||1|
Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
Tesla Motors offers compelling opportunities for students seeking internships and co-ops. To be eligible for an internship or co-op, you must be actively pursuing a BS, MS, or other graduate level degree. You’ll have the opportunity to work in an innovative Manufacturing environment and learn about some of the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.
Your application to the Manufacturing Internship will be considered for all opportunities across Powertrain Manufacturing and Vehicle Manufacturing in Fremont, CA.
Essential Functions and Duties
Specific project assignments and required skill set will vary based on the needs of the individual hiring team.
· Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and product development teams, as well as supply chain specialists, manufacturing engineers, and logistics personnel.
· Support control plans to assure critical features are controlled through the assembly/production process.
· Support Lean manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
· Apply technical knowledge to innovate, design and develop processes, tooling, assembly fixtures and procedures.
· Organize and analyze data sets that outline the systemic improvement opportunities.
· Manage projects involving multiple departments and/or outside contractors.
· Develop and validate processes used in manufacturing.
· Assist and contribute to software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise systems.
· Develop and implement system support process and documentation.
· Support issue resolution for production and assembly including root cause investigation and corrective action tracking.
· Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
· Currently working towards a BS, MS, or MBA in a relevant program (including, but not limited to: Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Robotics, Operations, Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, and Software Engineering).
· Good understanding of BOMs, manufacturability, process design, process validation, assembly methods, design reviews, and cost reduction methodologies.
· Experience w/ equipment automation and process optimization.
· Demonstration of strong project management skills.
· Professional and positive communication skills.
· SAP and MES experience is a plus.
· Previous experience in a manufacturing or production environment is a plus.
· Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results