|<< Back to Search Results
Engineering Internship/Co-Op (Spring 2014)
|Office Location:||US-CA-Palo Alto-Deer Creek-Office|
|# of openings:||5|
Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
Tesla Motors offers compelling opportunities for students seeking internships and co-ops. To be eligible for an internship or co-op, you must be actively pursuing a BS, MS, or other graduate level degree. You’ll learn Tesla’s progressive engineering philosophy, and have the opportunity work alongside the world’s top engineers on the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.
Your application to the Engineering Internship will be considered by our recruiters for all opportunities across the Powertrain Engineering, Vehicle Engineering, and Manufacturing teams in Palo Alto, CA and Fremont, CA.
Specific project assignments and required technical aptitude will vary based on the needs of the individual hiring team.
· Experience modeling components and assemblies in 3D CAD and create 2D prints (SolidWorks, CATIA V5).
· Mechanical wrenching, basic fabrication, machining, wiring, general electronics, debugging, and parts chasing.
· Understanding of thermodynamics and heat transfer, high voltage and low voltage DC circuits, and practical knowledge Labview and Python.
· Knowledge of electronics packaging issues: isolation, EMC, heat sinking and cooling, tolerances, materials, fastening, and machine design elements.
· Experience with power semiconductors - IGBTs, Mosfets, and gate drive circuits.
· Knowledge of lithium-ion battery technology and electrochemistry a plus.
· Knowledge of power supplies a plus.
· Currently working towards a BS, MS, or other graduate degree in a relevant engineering program (including, but not limited to: Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechatronics, and Manufacturing Engineering).
· You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
· Hands-on experience is a must.
· Strong academics.
· Professional and positive communication skills.
· Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
· Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results