|<< Back to Search Results
Infotainment Internship / Co-Op (Spring 2014)
|Office Location:||US-CA-Palo Alto-Deer Creek-Office|
|# of openings:||1|
Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
With the Model S Sedan we’re applying the Tesla “no compromises” approach to building the best car infotainment system in the world, featuring a 17” touchscreen display, a digital instrument cluster, and full-time internet connectivity.
· Design, code, and debug system-level software across a range of domains: storage, networking, display, audio/multimedia, power modes, peripherals.
· Create/update/augment hardware drivers and develop software to evaluate hardware readiness.
· Design, code, and debug UI interfaces/architectures and in-car applications.
· Design, code, debug, and deploy scalable Web infrastructure and customer-facing applications.
· Design, code, and debug mobile applications.
· Write code to interface with a range of automotive communications hardware.
· Work with a cross functional team (electrical, mechanical, design, QA, firmware) to quickly design and improve UI from what is learned in user-testing.
· Create/update/augment hardware drivers.
· Work with a cross-functional team of hardware engineers, application/UI software engineers, and QA/validation.
· Currently working towards a BS, MS, or graduate degree in a relevant engineering program (including, but not limited to: CS, CE, ECE, and EECS).
· You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
· Hands-on experience is a must.
· Strong academics.
· Professional and positive communication skills.
· Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
· Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results