Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Tesla provides a rare opportunity to work for a company with: exciting challenges, great opportunities for broad responsibility, truly beneficial products, high-visibility and name recognition, and competitive salary, stock options, and benefits. This position is in Palo Alto, California.
- Design and development of digital and analog electronics for high power motor drive systems.
- Collaborative work with mechanical, digital control, thermal design, manufacturing test, and DVT engineers.
- Start to finish ownership of control boards and other electronics – from specification to design, prototype, and manufacturing.
- BS or higher degree in Electrical Engineering (MSEE preferred.)
- Relevant coursework or work experience.
- Experience in selection and use of DSPs, microcontrollers, and programmable logic devices and their peripheral circuitry (signal conditioning, board-level power supplies.)
- Experience in development of digital and analog interfaces for PC-based test systems, especially Labview.
- Medium to high volume DFT and DFM.
- Experience in supervision of PCB layout, plane definition, and EMC optimization.
- Proficiency with basic EE tools (scopes, network analyzers, etc.)
- Embedded programming of DSPs and FPGAs in real-time control applications is highly valuable.
- Knowledge in automotive environmental, reliability, and safety requirements.
- Knowledge in automotive networking (e.g. CAN, LIN) standards.
- Knowledge in power semiconductors – IGBTs, MOSFETs, and their gate drive and protection circuitry.
- Knowledge in basic control theory, including importance of sensor bandwidths, design of compensation networks.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.