|<< Back to Search Results
Senior Mechanical Engineer
|Office Location:||US-CA-Palo Alto-Deer Creek-Office|
|# of openings:||1|
|Job Type:||Full time|
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Battery Systems
We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Battery Team.
• BS or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 5-10+ years experience in industry
Relevant skills and experience:
• Automotive component/system design including environmental and safety requirements
• Regulatory compliance and testing (SAE, FMVSS, etc)
• Battery, fuel cell, or power supply design
• Moderate to high volume tooling, materials and design
• Injection molding, stamping, extrusions, die casting, sheet metal, adhesives
• Strong analytic problem solving skills
• Strong organization and documentation skills
• Strong CAD skills (CATIA V5 preferred)
Roles and responsibilities:
• Design, analysis, and testing of mechanical components and systems in the battery pack
• Support prototype construction and process development
• Assist in vendor selection, qualification and management
• Perform component validation under dynamic and environmental conditions
• Work closely with manufacturing, quality, and supply chain teams
• Interact with teams of engineers working in other disciplines and on other subsystems
Tesla Motors is hiring highly qualified and dedicated individuals. Our hiring bar is high to keep our team size small, so each member of our team must be among the most technically gifted in his or her field. You must have a demonstrated track record in your field. Here are some other hiring criteria:
• You must have a genuine passion for electric vehicles and electric propulsion systems.
• You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
• We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, health benefits, an exciting work environment and the chance to contribute greatly towards developing more efficient transportation.
Tesla is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results