Document Control/ECO Specialist
Tesla Motors is seeking a seasoned Document Control/ECO Specialist to join our Manufacturing Introduction team to ensure integrity of our production documentation, including Manufacturing BOMs, ECOs, Deviations, and ISO related documents.
Essential Job Functions
- Reviews Engineering Change Orders and Deviations to ensure that initial release and change ECOs are audited for conformity to quality, configuration management, and document control standards.
- Responsbile for the integrity of Manufacturing BOMs and supporting documentation.
- Support Program Management from a Change Control perspective.
- Work closely with ECO originators to analyze changes and their impact on manufacturing operations.
- Upon ECO approval, ensure database and documentation implementations are correctly updated in PLM and MES databases accurately and in a timely manner.
- Interface with Program Management, Engineering Services, Manufacturing Engineering, and other functions to ensure correct incorporation of documentation changes, per released ECO.
- Input data and maintain the Item Master and Bill of Material in PLM database.
- Assist users in the proper use of the PLM systems to originate ECOs, item number assignments, and other related documents and processes.
- Assist users in associated aspects of document control departmental processes, as required.
- Prepare and maintain master record files and logs. Maintain all master documents and history archives which may be a combination hardcopy/electronic file media.
- Perform periodic audits of BOMs, master and history record files to ensure files are current and intact.
- Prepare, release, support ISO related documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA/AS and/or minimum 5 years’ experience in Document/ECO/Configuration Control, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and experience in processing engineering, production, and document changes.
- Knowledge and experience maintaining item master and bill of material structures.
- Hands-on PLM/MRP/ERP systems experience is mandatory. Knowledge with Enovia, SAP, MES is a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 is a plus.
- Excellent written, oral communication and organizational skills
- Logical problem solver
- Self starter
- Ability to work with a high work load with interruptions and deadlines
- Adept and comfortable working in a start-up environment with limited processes and procedures
- Must present a service-oriented attitude to all levels of personnel
- Must be assertive, yet diplomatic
Tesla is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.