Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
The Sr. Stock Administrator will be responsible for the day to day activities of the company’s global equity incentive programs as well as provide support for other departmental activities.
- Maintain database integrity and ensure accuracy of recordkeeping of equity data using stock administration software (i.e. Equity Edge Online)
- Maintain accurate employee data and track employee mobility
- Assist with processing new equity awards and distribution of online grant agreements
- Process daily option exercises including 10b5-1 transactions, ensuring accurate and timely tax withholding and reporting to Payroll, all the way through to timely settlement of all trades
- Assist in the preparation and processing of quarterly vesting and release of restricted stock units, and coordinate with US and International Payroll on accurate tax withholding as well as true-up via payroll.
- Process semi-annual ESPP purchases, handle activity during open enrollment periods, and monitor and communicate contribution changes to Payroll at the beginning and during each offering
- Perform monthly, quarterly and yearly reconciliation of records between Stock Administration and General Ledger (SAP), HR, Payroll, transfer agent, etc.
- Work with internal and external auditors and Finance team for quarterly reviews, year-end audits, as well as ensure that tight internal controls are in place and procedures are followed to satisfy periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Generate recurring reports for multiple internal and external corporate partners (e.g., HR, Payroll, Tax, Finance, Accounting, etc.), and respond timely to ad hoc data requests from business partners
- Manage desktop procedures manual, calendars, ensure all information remains current and consistent.
- Provide excellent customer service to equity participants at all levels and to partners across departments and respond quickly to employee questions in a courteous and satisfactory manner
- Help develop materials and other employee communications, contribute ideas and assist with employee education program utilizing various media available.
- Assist with other projects as assigned
- B.A or B.S Degree required with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting strongly preferred
- Experience with Equity Edge Online and E*TRADE brokerage platform a definite plus
- A minimum of 5-7 years stock administration experience in a public company
- Completion of Certified Equity Professional (CEP) Exam Level I or higher a plus
- General understanding of equity awards and public company equity programs
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong customer service approach
- Demonstrated professionalism, reliability, moral integrity and sound judgment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform self-audit to ensure data integrity and utmost accuracy at all times.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Tesla is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.