|<< Back to Search Results
Sr. Engineer- Seating
|# of openings:||1|
|Job Type:||Full time|
Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate.
These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
• Achieve customer-driven interior system targets for luxury, function, cost and weight.
•Utilize DFSS methodologies as appropriate during the design, validation and launch of the program.
•Interpret CAE simulation results and integrate recommendations into product design.
• Automotive engineering with seating experience, lightweight materials is preferred (5-8years).
• Experience managing suppliers for product development.
• Have a good mix of designing a variety of materials (stamped, injection mold, etc.) and designing kinematics/ mechanisms.
• Understand the fundamental differences in design and engineering of premium luxury interior trim and systems and have examples or a portfolio of completed programs.
• Have in-depth technical expertise with the latest manufacturing technologies and feasibility execution to achieve systems requirements and world-class craftsmanship/performance targets.
• Strong proficiency in utilizing CATIA V5 is essential within an automotive product development environment
• Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering.
•Utilize DFSS methodologies as appropriate during the design, validation and launch of the programs.
• Strong familiarity with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP&R’s and other technical documents.
• Demonstrate an ability to manage difficult projects with tight timing constraints and provide examples of such scenarios throughout your career.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results