Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
Responsibilities of the Supplier Industrialization Engineer – PCBA -
- Plan, organize, direct and conduct industrialization related activities within the supply chain team for PCBAs and electrical components, including risk identification, quality control, cost reduction, and capacity improvements.
- Develop. Manage, Audit, Improve, and Correct supplier planning and execution of PCBA manufacturing techniques and quality control processes from the advanced development phase to mass production qualification.
- Lead supplier improvements in scalability, cost, and quality.
- Facilitate communication and clarification of technical requirements between Suppliers and Tesla Purchasing, Quality, and Design teams.
- Accountable for supplier audits to ensure their ability to meet part performance, delivery, and reliability expectations.
- Collaborate with Tesla Design, Quality, and Manufacturing to determine the ideal performance specifications and supplier metrics.
- Accountable for leading, tracking and improving supplier manufacturing process development and launch readiness for new products and design changes.
- Guide suppliers in developing exceptionally robust processes and procedures to promote efficient and seamless production of high quality products.
- Validate supplier corrective actions involving design and/or process changes to ensure they are robust, sustainable, and implemented for similar potential concerns across manufacturing lines and/or suppliers.
- MS in Electrical Engineering. (BS – Considered based on experience)
- Extensive experience with PCBA manufacturing and design strongly preferred. Experience in manufacturing (as process engineer or production engineer), quality a plus.
- Ability to communicate and direct supplier activities at the management level.
- Proven results in meeting customer requirements and expectations.
- Strong knowledge of Electronic Assembly Acceptability - IPC 610, 620, SAE, ANSI, or J-STD-001.
- Exceptional ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers and other functional areas.
- Strong technical writing ability and an ability to explain complex issues in a concise and plain manner. Must be familiar with SPC and data analysis.
- An average of 25% travel, possibly on short notice.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.