Tesla’s goal is to accelerate the world’s transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Model S is the world’s first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend’s prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
Tesla Motors is looking for an experienced Service Advisor to work on one of the most progressive vehicle brands in the world. This position requires a high level customer and employee interaction, so the ideal candidate will not only possess the technical acumen, but also the ability to provide a strong level of customer service. This position is located at our Service Center; however, the role will require travel as needed and directed by management. If you are interested in becoming a part of a world class service team supporting the latest EV technology, we are interested in hearing from you.
- Answer Phone Calls, Emails and Drive In’s to address any customer concern with the highest level of response and attention.
- Return missed phone calls, email in no less than 5 minutes.
- Determine if technical solution can be resolved over the phone; escalate immediately to Shop Foreman / Service Manager to provide immediate attention.
- Accurately record issues and data into Dealer Management System. Attention to detail critical
- Conduct Transactions w/ system; walk customer through correction and provide summary.
- Communicate estimated completion time, regular updates and follow through on each customer vehicle.
- Coordinate the detail of every vehicle prior to delivery.
- Coordinate the delivery time or pick up with each customer.
- Follow up with Customer on services provided; ensure they are satisfied with the work performed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Methods, techniques, parts, tools and materials used in the maintenance and repair of vehicles
- Operation and maintenance of a wide variety of hand power tools, shop tools, and automotive and electrical test equipment
- Understanding of basic automotive techniques related to repair and servicing of automobiles
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new and innovative automotive technologies
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work to include the public
- Perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Work in a team-based environment and achieve common goals
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Dealer Management System(s), Outlook, and MS Office
- Associate Degree or certificate in Automotive Technology, preferred
- Retail automotive service experience, preferred
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable and safe driving record.
- Must have two years of driving experience.
Tesla is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.