I. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Data Collector will be responsible for collecting pricing information at the retail level. The Data Collector will be assigned stores in their general area to visit weekly, monthly, and/or quarterly meeting collection and transmission deadlines. Must be available to work 16-20 hours per week, Friday-Wednesday.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Professionally represent client and Employer in demeanour and image at all times.
2. Use data collection device to record product unique codes, accurately enter unique price(s) and appropriate attributes based on individual client collection criteria.
3. Download lists(s) required based on the type of data collection equipment and audit type.
4. Transmit data collected with accurate store time and drive time.
5. If collecting data from a list that requires more than one day to complete, transmit items audited daily using the correct work date and store time.
6. Call automated telephone system or utilize web-based Client Field Portal to verify successful transmission(s).
7. Call or email the District Manger immediately with error transmission information.
8. Complete all work assigned by District Manager or Logistics Manager or other company management.
9. Notify District Manager immediately when a deadline will be missed.
10. Meet performance expectations of at least 95% for on-time completion, 95% accuracy rate and successful data collector re-audits at least twice a year with a minimum threshold of 80% to remain in good standing.
11. Assist on any check including but not limited to: Undirected Category checks and full books, Directed Item Lists, Lapel Checks (Undirected and Directed), CPG and PSV checks.
12. Collection Rate Index must be at or above 90% at all times to stay in good standing.
13. Must timely take and pass the Data Collector Certification Test(s) to be eligible for continued employment and bonuses.
III. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must have a valid driver’s license.
2. Must have reliable transportation.
3. Must have auto insurance and periodically produce evidence of such.
4. Must have access to internet service.
5. Must be willing to perform all assignments, including Lapel Checks (defined as “undercover” and working in stores discreetly).
6. Must be willing to travel between store locations and cover a minimum 60-mile radius from home location, as needed.
7. Must be available to work 16-20 hours per week, Friday-Wednesday.
IV. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Multi-tasking/time management/organizational skills
2. Detailed oriented
3. Flexible and quick to adapt to changes
4. Excellent follow-up skills
5. Strong communication skills
6. Professional demeanour
7. Previous retail or grocery experience
8. Ability to travel overnight if required
9. 10-key experience
V. EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT:
1. Daily personal contact with store personnel.
2. Telephone or face-to-face daily communication with District Manager and/or Corporate staff.
VI. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Must be able to bend, kneel, reach, stretch, squat and have the ability to move heavy items to access Universal Product Code numbers while standing on your feet for long periods of time.
2. Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
3. Must be able to use data collection equipment.
4. May be exposed to extremely cold temperatures for extended periods of time.