Smook Contractors Ltd.
Heavy Equipment Journeyperson Mechanic
Location: Thompson, MB & surrounding area
- Inspect machinery or equipment to determine adjustments or repairs needed.
- Able to understand electrical & hydraulic schematics.
- Conduct tests to locate mechanical system malfunction.
- Diagnose mechanical problems in machinery or related structures.
- Maintain or repair industrial or related equipment/machinery.
- Install equipment or attachments on machinery or related structures.
- Repair or replace malfunctioning or worn mechanical components.
- Lubricate machinery, equipment, or parts.
- Test mechanical products or equipment.
- Must have own tools.
- Follows safe work procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Level 3 or 4 Apprentice or Journeyperson status.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Ability to job task plan and organize. Ability to problem solve, think critically, and make decisions.
- Heavy lifting required.
- 50% inside shop; 50% outside.
- Work in all weather conditions.
- Hours: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Mon-Fri; 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Saturday and Sunday every 6th week.
Competitive wages, medical, dental vision, and life insurance benefits. RSP matching plan.
Interested and qualified applicants should forward resumes ASAP:
Mail: Smook Contractors Ltd - ATT: Human Resources
101 Hayes Road, Thompson, MB R8N 1M3
Tel: (204) 677-1572
Fax: (204) 778-7836