The world can stop waiting for tomorrow, because a cleaner future begins today.
125 years after the invention of the automobile, Daimler is again taking the lead role in shaping the future of mobility. Today, Mercedes-Benz gives the automobile a whole new engine—the hydrogen fuel cell. Powered by some of the most cutting edge technology in the world, Mercedes-Benz Fuel Cell (MBFC) is driven solely by the chemical reaction of hydrogen and oxygen, leaving no emissions behind apart from heat and water vapor. We’re now looking for passionate, innovative and dynamic individuals to join our forward-thinking team.
Process Development Engineer
Mercedes-Benz Fuel Cell Division (MBFC), a daughter company of Daimler - is developing next-generation technology for zero-emission automobiles.
Based in Metro Vancouver (Burnaby), we enjoy the best of living and working in this beautiful region while we work to protect it.
The Process Development Engineer will contribute to the overall effectiveness of our quality assurance and prototype manufacturing program, ensuring that manufactured prototype products meet all specified requirements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Apply technical knowledge and experience to develop MBFC’s quality assurance activities.
- Improve existing and develop new measurement methods and techniques for incoming material inspection and fuel cell manufacturing process optimisation.
- Investigate and problem solve quality issues. Correlate material properties with product characteristics.
- Develop incoming and in-process material inspection criteria.
- Develop and analyze control charts
- Represent the company with a high level of professionalism and courtesy. Follow company standards of personal presentation; and adhere to all Mercedes-Benz Canada and Daimler policies including compliance, and integrity standards. Comply with local, provincial and federal laws including those governing the rules of the road, and health and safety
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Other duties as required by your local manager
- Must have an Engineering Bachelor degree in Materials, Chemistry, Mechanical, Manufacturing or related discipline
- At least 1 year of experience in prototype development or production, a combination of excellent academic performance with good co-op experience is also acceptable.
- In-depth knowledge of bonding and adhesives is preferred
- Aptitude in material mechanics; rheology knowledge is a strong asset
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and relationship-building skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Computer skills: Microsoft office programs; Word, Excel, Project. Minitab or similar statistical software experience is an asset. CAD software experience is also an asset.
Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginals. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.