We are currently looking for an Account Administrator. This person will assist in all aspects of the day-to-day servicing of clients as the direction of the Account Managers. Once a general working knowledge of the industry and LBC is obtained, Account Administrators will begin developing direct relationships with an assigned book of business with the intention to eventually assume the Account Manager role on selected clients.
- Provide and coordinate administrative support to unit, including returning phone calls, coordinating presentations, carrier/client correspondence, copy jobs, overnight mailings, binding jobs, graphics, etc.
- Work with appropriate Account Manager (AM) to identify responsibilities on each assigned account, begin to develop account “ownership,” and eventually assume primary service role as directed by Account Manager/Account Executive (AE)/Unit Manager.
- Respond to client requests for service/assistance within one working day that request is made at the direction of the AM/AE/Unit Manager.
- Assist with financial reporting for annual renewals, mid-year reviews and monthly claim reports.
- Request renewals from carriers for all lines of coverage and insure delivery in a timely manner.
- Assist with all marketing efforts as assigned by AM, including development of Request for Proposal (RFP), gathering of data, carrier follow-up, and production of marketing report.
- Assist in producing employee communications (newsletters, bulletins, overhead presentations, etc.) as assigned by AM.
- Coordinate and assist with employee meetings.
- Develop ownership by familiarizing self with contracts, booklets, communications materials, administrative materials, company cost sharing strategy and benefit schedules.
- Maintain permanent master files (keep current SPDs/certificates by client for each line of coverage, including revised documents/amendments), financial binders, agency management system and accounting records at the direction of the AM.
- Monitor payment of commissions and consulting fees by line of coverage for unit book of business to include an annual reconciliation to projected revenue. Coordinate discrepancies with LBC accounting liaison.
- Request Schedule A information from carriers and act appropriately once materials are received by either coordinating filing or forwarding to client.
- Practice proactive follow-up on all outstanding issues by communicating status of each to AM/AE/Unit Manager.
- Attendance of internal meetings/education programs.
- Participate in Health Insurance Associate (HIA) and Managed Healthcare Professional (MHP) designation programs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet expertise. Familiarity with PowerPoint preferred.
- Ability to complete simple mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Multi-task oriented.
- Ability to interact with vendors effectively.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to speak in public.
- Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Appropriate insurance licenses preferred or ability to obtain required licenses within six months of employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required with reasonable notification.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE** Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.