More than 4,100 professionals at Lockton provide more than 15,000 clients around the world with insurance, benefits, and risk management services, offering an uncommon level of client service. From its founding in 1966, Lockton has grown to become the largest privately held insurance broker in the world and 9th largest overall. Independent researcher Greenwich Associates awarded Lockton its 2011 Service Excellence Award for risk management for large companies. For four consecutive years, Business Insurance recognized Lockton as a “Best Place to Work in Insurance.” You can learn more at www.lockton.com.
- Prepare routine financial reports for self-funded clients; review financial reports with clients.
- Calculate loss projections, calculate and negotiate renewals, and set funding rates for self-funded clients.
- Develop or use industry formulas to create basic and complex models to analyze, illustrate, or project loss trends; complete feasibility studies, financial models, and pricing models; evaluate benefits utilization and claims data to assist clients in developing cost management and health risk management strategies.
- Prepare spreadsheets, graphs, charts, diagrams, and other illustrative tools for presentations and reports.
- Use financial modeler and other tools to predict financial impact of health reform on client plans.
- Calculate IBNR reserve estimates for self-funded clients.
- Participate with other department associates in program presentations to clients and prospects.
- Understand and evaluate retiree medical and Medicare Part D liabilities.
- Assist client team in evaluating stop loss RFP responses.
- Assist client team in analyzing, interpreting, and presenting client data warehouse information.
- Maintain benchmarking data and leverage use of benchmarks across clients.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on underwriting and financial reporting.
- Leverage internal systems knowledge and utilization within the department and among clients.
- Create new financial reporting templates; update computer databases to improve standard models used in analysis.
- Calculate the allocation of insurance program costs to clients' individual operating units.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related program or equivalent education and/or experience, with an emphasis on math, statistics, or finance required. Must have a minimum of three years' experience in employee benefits underwriting and financial analysis; prior brokerage experience preferred.
- Broad understanding of benefits underwriting guidelines gained through experience as an underwriter or other applicable experience, as well as familiarity with all lines of coverage.
- Ability to compile, analyze, present, and interpret complex financial and statistical information to facilitate decision making and to understand and discuss the contents of corporate balance sheets and financial statements.
- Willingness and ability to expand knowledge and effectiveness in the insurance industry by successful completion of extended insurance and/or other appropriate education, beyond the education requirements of licensing.
- Personal presence to interface with senior leadership in client and prospect organizations, representing Lockton in the highest professional manner.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads and meet time sensitive deadlines required. Must be results-oriented with the ability to change priorities as needed.
- Must have above average verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to interact with clients and colleagues at all levels of responsibility, along with the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
- Advanced skill in using computer application software for financial modeling, statistical analysis, spreadsheet calculations, word processing, and other database analyses.
Lockton Companies, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a privately-held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great associates. This includes health and dental coverage effective on the hire date, 401(k) match with immediate vesting, and a competitive vacation plan.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
Any Employment Agency, person, or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, LLC. Lockton will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person, or entity. Employment Agencies who have fee agreements with Lockton must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.