The TECHNICAL SALES DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM is the premier opportunity for you to learn consultative, solution-based sales. At KEYENCE, sales professionals work in a highly professional and fast-paced office an average of two days a week, while three days a week they visit manufacturers in a sales territory so that they can consult face-to-face on solving customers’ critical quality control, reliability, and research or design applications. The Technical Sales Development Program is your opportunity to gain the training necessary to become an entry-level, direct sales professional. Sales Associates enter a program consisting of classroom training, on-the-job learning, and mentorship. The training program begins with a period of classroom training which typically lasts 1 to 3 months dependant on product line. While Keyence products are highly technical, you will receive the training to become an expert on our products, solving applications, following our pro-active sales process, and conducting successful sales consultations. After successful completion of the Sales Associate classroom training, you will be promoted to Sales Engineer, initiating the on-the-job training phase of the development program. Included in your on-the-job training is a formal mentorship program, typically lasting from 4 to 6 months, which utilizes coaching to reinforce product and application training and develop your sales skills while you become responsible for customers in your own sales territory.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attend product and application training at our Keyence Career Development Institute.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Keyence products and applications through classes, seminars, and on-the-job training.
- Work with experienced salespeople to develop sales skills through real life examples and role-plays.
- Satisfactorily complete mentorship program providing sales training and an overview of Keyence’s culture of success.
- Provide technical consultation and service to customers to help solve their applications using Keyence’s products.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to Keyence’s expectations and the challenges customers present you.
- Travel to customer locations three days a week and work successfully in a wide variety of manufacturing environments.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Four-year college degree.
- Interest and aptitude to master Keyence’s highly technical products.
- Interest in working in manufacturing environments.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen and pro-actively react to customer questions and requests.
- Goal-oriented and extremely hard working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to Keyence’s success.
- Desire to better yourself through our intensive training, mentorship, engaged management, and pro-active, process-oriented sales approach.
- Understand and abide by all company policies and procedures: including professional dress code, punctuality, attendance, and sales process policies.
- Willingness to travel 60% of the time, including the possibility of overnight travel.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 – 85 lbs. of demonstration equipment in and out of vehicles and through customer locations.
- Position requires the use of a personal vehicle. Larger vehicles may be required dependent on product line equipment size.
- You are passionate about beginning a career in technical sales.
- You are interested in visiting manufacturing environments.
- You are interested in technology and have a strong technical aptitude.
- You have a strong work ethic and want to work hard.
- You are interested in working at a professional and disciplined company.
- You want to the opportunity to advance within one company.
Do not apply if:
- You are not interested in a career in sales.
- You are neither goal-oriented nor pro-active.
- You are not looking for an entry-level position.
- You are not a morning person.
- You do not like speaking to people either on the phone or in person.
- You have a negative attitude or do not go the extra mile.
Employees are expected to demonstrate flexibility to a wide variety of manufacturing environments in terms of level of cleanliness, temperature, and/or noise. Incumbents must also abide by all safety regulations in offices and customer locations, including wearing safety clothing and/or gear whenever required.
Keyence Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, nationality, age, sex or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, pregnancy, family responsibility, affectional or sexual preference/orientation, veteran status, liability for service in the armed forces of the United States, refusal to submit to genetic test or make available the results of genetic test or any other reason protected by state or federal law. If, due to disability, you are unable to complete this online application, please fax your request for a reasonable accommodation or expression of interest to (201)474-9177.
E-VERIFY: If you are selected for this position, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your hire date will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal law requires Keyence Corporation of America to use the E-Verify system to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies within eight (8) Federal government work days as a condition of continued employment.