Do you share Hornblower’s passion in providing superior guest service and creating memorable guest experiences? If you are an enthusiastic team player who thrives in a work environment where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged we may have just the opportunity for you. Join our exceptional crew today, WHY WORK WHEN YOU CAN CRUISE!
The Group Arrivals Agent is responsible for providing guests with a level of service that anticipates their needs and exceeds their expectations by welcoming group tours in an efficient and informative manner. Reporting to the Group Sales Supervisor, essential job functions and duties include but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides group arrivals with VIP service from their arrival until their departure
- Greet buses, both charter and line run, which includes distributing materials and confirming passenger counts
- Distribute promotional materials to patrons when required
- Receive payment or company voucher after confirming numbers
- Complete necessary paperwork and computer data entry to record group arrivals and departures, number of passengers, incentives offered, and document any unusual situations (e.g. motorcoach arriving without reservation)
- Communicate any unusual problems or situations to the Supervisor
- Staging (update grid, coordinate departures, distribute promotional materials, traffic control, etc)
- Enter manifest from group sales coordinator
- Assist call centre agents in answering phones and making motorcoach reservations when necessary
- Confer with guests to determine their service requirements and travel preferences.
- Determine whether space is available on travel dates requested by customers, assigning requested spaces when available.
- Assemble and issue required documentation such as tickets and merchandise.
IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- O.S.S.D or equivalent as recognized by the Ministry of Education
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a service-oriented environment, preferably in the hospitality industry
- Smart Serve Certification
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal background check
- Knowledge of another language in addition to English is preferred
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading charter yacht and public dining cruise company in United States for more than 32 years. The San Francisco-based organization operates more than 60 vessels in Northern California (San Francisco, Berkeley and Sacramento) and Southern California (San Diego, Newport Beach, Long Beach and Marina del Rey), and the company also launched Hornblower New York in 2012. In addition, Hornblower operates two ferry service concessions for the National Park Service: Alcatraz Cruises provides transportation to Alcatraz Island, and Statue Cruises provides transportation to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. In 2014, the company will open boat tour service in the Niagara Falls Gorge in Niagara Falls, Canada. Hornblower treats guests to a broad range of dining, entertainment and sightseeing cruises aboard U.S. Coast Guard and Transport Canada certified yachts.