Reuters and IPSOS, in partnership with Headway Workforce Solutions, are hiring Election Agents in counties throughout Illinois.
Election Agents will obtain vote counts immediately after voting concludes for the Illinois Primary on March 18, 2014.
Election Agents will also participate in a dry run exercise on March 4, 2014.
As an Election Agent for Reuters you will:
- Complete a brief training
- Arrive at your assigned location on the evening of March 4, 2014 for the dry run exercise
- Work as an Election Agent on the evening of March 18, 2014 for the Illinois Primary (6-8 hours)
- Use a Mobile Application to upload counts as required. In some locations, you may have to report the vote count via other means (phone calls, email, etc.)
Why You’ll Love working as an Election Agent for Reuters:
- Gain experience working as a credentialed agent for Reuters, an internationally recognized news agency
- You’ll get a behind the scenes look at how news agencies report on the vote count on election night
- You’ll earn a flat rate of $100 for each event + $25 upon successful completion of the training program
- Backup Election Agents will be paid a flat $25 stipend. (In the event that a Backup Vote Count Reporter is called to work an assignment, he/she will be compensated at the regular Election Agent rate.)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to operate smartphones and/or tablets proficiently
Part Time Election Specialist
Part Time Election Recorder
Part Time Election Clerk