System Test Engineer
|Company Focus:||Consumer Apps, Ecommerce, Media, Video Platform|
|Employment Type:||Contract - 6 month|
gdR (Grossman Dorland Recruiting) is recruiting a System Test Engineer for the London ON team of a global Fortune 100 software company. Their video platform (for web, IPTV & mobile) has many of the world's leading Media, Cable and Telecommunications companies as customers, millions of users globally, and a Toronto-based Product & Professional Services team.
CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY WITH LIKELY EXTENSION.
- Professional Services team responsible for the design & implementation of large-scale video platform (video & media platform for mobile, web & set-top box) for global telcos.
- Large, multi-million dollar engagements. Clients include Verizon, BellTV, Telus, AT&T, Korea Telecom.
- 6-month contract with high likelihood of renewal. Competitive hourly rates, 40-45 hours/week (all billable).
- Plan, design, execute & coordinate tests, resources and intra-project transactions, undertake system and acceptance testing and verify and document problem resolution. Ensure test deliverables are documented and communicated to appropriate parties.
- Provide clear guidance on test strategies both internally and to customers.
- Responsible for production of test deliverables including Impact Assessments, Test Specifications & Procedures, and Test Plans and Procedures.
- Perform testability analysis of requirements.
- Provide status reports to senior management as required.
- Define and allocate tasks to engineers within your team. Monitor progress to ensure timely and efficient delivery.
- 3-5+ years hands-on experience in QA and testing.
- Client-facing experience within a consulting relationship.
- Knowledge of web technologies (i.e., PHP, HMTL, JS, etc.).
- Knowledge of TCL, PERL & UNIX Shell scripts.
- Required: Must be open to 25-50% travel. If only interested in 20% travel, still contact us for future roles.
- Strongly Preferred: IPTV, set-top box, video, OTT, broadcast, video middleware, MPEG/DVB, or QAM/SAT experience or knowledge required in an OTT, IPTV, cable or broadcast environment.
Apply today or contact Brandon Shim-Ping, Talent & Client Manager, at brandon AT grossmandorland DOT com for more details.
Apply Now or Send to a Friend
To apply, you need to either access your existing gdR Jobs profile or create a new one. Here are your three options:
Option 1: Previously applied to a job on the gdR website? Enter your email & password and select Add To My Jobs.
Option 2: Previously emailed by gdR, but have never applied for a job? Click here to create a password.
We may have noticed your profile on LinkedIn or other legit resume database and added your email and resume to our system. To access your profile, create a new password and log in. If you don't receive an email from us within a few minutes, create a new profile by following the instructions below.
Option 3: Never heard from gdR before? Create a new profile.
|Click here to create a new profile and apply to this job, receive email updates from us about relevant jobs, or to become part of our referral network.
|Back to Search Results