|Company Focus:||Ecommerce, Mobile, Professional Services|
|Employment Type:||Contract - 6 month|
gdR (Grossman Dorland Recruiting) is recruiting a contract J2EE Developer for the London ON based Product & Professional Services team of a Fortune 100 software company. Their video platform (for web, IPTV & mobile) has many of the world's leading Media, Cable and Telecommunications companies as customers and millions of users globally.
- Professional Services team responsible for the design and implementation of large-scale video platform (video & media platform for mobile, web & set-top box) for global telcos.
- Large, multi-million dollar engagements. Clients incl. Verizon, BellTV, Telus, AT&T, Korea Telecom
- 6 month contract with high likelihood of renewal. Competitive hourly rates, 40-45 hours/week (all billable).
- Development of the our client's Digital Media Platform, including customization, configuration, integration and deployment of their core platform into either a SaaS or on-premise environment.
- Interact with the customer technology teams on technical matters as part of the engagement.
- J2EE development using Spring, Spring MVC (although this is not a UI dev role), Spring Integration, Hibernate, JBoss BPM, noSQL and Web Services (SOAP & REST-based).
- Integration will be focused on integrating with the customer's billing, provisioning, portal and ecommerce systems.
- Collaborate with the solution architect, other senior developers, QA, BSA, UX and program managers on your team to contribute to the technical requirements and the overall solution architecture.
- 7-8 years experience as a developer in complex J2EE implementation and integration projects with telco, cable, ecommerce or media customers. More senior candidates welcome.
- Solid experience in J2EE development, including deep knowledge of Spring, Spring MVC and SOAP/Rest based integrations.
- Experience with Hibernate, Spring Integration, noSQL and continuous integration are also desired.
- Agile development process experience required, although we're flexible on which flavour of agile you've used.
- Billing, provisioning, portal, ecommerce or other telco/cable systems experience is desired as these will be applications with which the Digital Media Platform will integrate.
- Bonus Experience: IPTV, set-top box, video, OTT, broadcast, video middleware, MPEG/DVB, or QAM/SAT experience or knowledge required in an OTT, IPTV, cable or broadcast environment. If only interested in 20% travel, still contact me for future roles.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills required.
- Openness to travel. Up to 50% travel within North American required.
Apply today or contact Wendy Firestone, Talent & Client Manager, at wendy AT grossmandorland DOT com for more details.
Apply Now or Send to a Friend
To apply, you need to either access your existing gdR Jobs profile or create a new one. Here are your three options:
Option 1: Previously applied to a job on the gdR website? Enter your email & password and select Add To My Jobs.
Option 2: Previously emailed by gdR, but have never applied for a job? Click here to create a password.
We may have noticed your profile on LinkedIn or other legit resume database and added your email and resume to our system. To access your profile, create a new password and log in. If you don't receive an email from us within a few minutes, create a new profile by following the instructions below.
Option 3: Never heard from gdR before? Create a new profile.
|Click here to create a new profile and apply to this job, receive email updates from us about relevant jobs, or to become part of our referral network.
|Back to Search Results