Solution Architect / Systems Architect
|Company Focus:||Ecommerce, Mobile, Professional Services|
|Employment Type:||Contract - 6 month|
gdR (Grossman Dorland Recruiting) is recruiting a contract Solution Architects & Systems Architects for the Toronto-based Product & Professional Services team of a Fortune 100 software company. Their video platform (for web, IPTV & mobile) has many of world's leading Media, Cable and Telecommunications companies as customers and millions of users globally.
- Professional Services team responsible for the design and implementation of large scale video platform (video & media platform for mobile, web & set-top box) for global telcos.
- Large-scale, multi-million dollar engagements.Clients incl. Verizon, BellTV, Telus, AT&T, Korea Telecom
- Competitive hourly rates, 40-45 hrs/week (all billable), 6 mo. contracts w/ high likelihood of renewal. Work from home flexibility.
- Systems Architect position owns overall systems architecture. Solution Architect position owns application architecture.
- Solution architecture of the our client's Digital Media Platform, including architecture of the required customization, configuration, integration and deployment of their core platform into either a SaaS or on-premise environment.
- Serve as the technical contact, responsible for interacting with the customer leadership and technology teams on technical matters as part of the engagement.
- Up to 25% hands-on J2EE dev as required to support the customer implementation including development of storefront and media apps customization and integration with customer web apps/billing/provisioning systems (i.e. J2EE, Web Services, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Hibernate, etc.).
- Provide guidance to senior developers, QA, BSA, UX and program managers on your team to ensure they're aware of technical requirements and the overall solution architecture, while also helping to resolve issues and contribute to their success.
- Collaborate with other solution architects, product teams and development teams to contribute to the design of future product iterations and roadmaps and new technology introduction.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of engagement processes, introduction of new tools & technologies and the formalization of best practices within the professional services organization.
- 7-8 years experience leading large, complex J2EE integration projects. More senior candidates welcome.
- Solid experience in J2EE development and architecture, including deep knowledge of Spring, Spring MVC and SOAP/Rest based integrations. Experience with Hibernate, Spring Integration, noSQL and continuous integration are also desired.
- Experience integrating enterprise technology platforms (i.e., Video on Demand Systems, Content Management Systems, Subscriber Management, Commerce, Billing Systems, etc.)
- Agile development process experience required, although we're flexible on which flavour of agile you've used.
- Due to the extensive team and client collaboration, excellent leadership and perfect written & verbal communication skills are required.
- Required: IPTV, set-top box, video, OTT, broadcast, video middleware, MPEG/DVB, or QAM/SAT experience or knowledge required in an OTT, IPTV, cable or broadcast environment. Broadcast experience is huge bonus.
- Openness to travel. Up to 50% travel within North American required.
Apply today or contact Wendy at wendy AT grossmandorland DOT com for more details.
Apply Now or Send to a Friend
To apply, you need to either access your existing gdR Jobs profile or create a new one. Here are your three options:
Option 1: Previously applied to a job on the gdR website? Enter your email & password and select Add To My Jobs.
Option 2: Previously emailed by gdR, but have never applied for a job? Click here to create a password.
We may have noticed your profile on LinkedIn or other legit resume database and added your email and resume to our system. To access your profile, create a new password and log in. If you don't receive an email from us within a few minutes, create a new profile by following the instructions below.
Option 3: Never heard from gdR before? Create a new profile.
|Click here to create a new profile and apply to this job, receive email updates from us about relevant jobs, or to become part of our referral network.
|Back to Search Results