VP Product Development
gdR (Grossman Dorland Recruiting) is recruiting a VP Product Development for a Toronto-based software company that has rapidly grown to become a leader in their space. We're looking for candidates that have excelled in startup environments and have created an inspiring engineering group that truly impacted the company's ability to get to the next level.
- Strong, multi-million revenue that is growing at 200% annually. Transactional-based revenue model (not enterprise licenses) in a growing marketplace. $8 million VC raised.
- Enterprise customers in the US, with a focus on multi-billion dollar enterprises in the telco & cable industries.
- 15 employees, including 10-person engineering team. Steady growth is required to support continued product roadmaps & customer acquisition.
- Stack includes PHP, C++, MySQL. Riak, RabbitMQ, Zookeeper, deployed across 3 DCs in the US. Experience with this stack is not required.
- Located in west downtown Toronto.
VP Product Development Overview:
- Reports to the CEO/Founder.
- Will be part of the executive management team, sharing not only technical insights but also actively participating in building strategy to move the overall business forward.
- Create and foster an engineering environment that promotes clear product & user understanding, insightful metrics & analysis to guide product decisions, inspired commitment to the team, and technology design that promotes scale, performance & repeatability.
- Lead systems and application architecture, development, customer integration & deployment, and technical product direction.
- Implement a methodology that supports rapid prototyping and MVP development for new products & features.
- Ownership of third party technology vendor relationships (i.e., software, hosting, etc.), including vendor selection, negotiations, SLAs, etc.
- Hands-on development not required given how busy you'll be in this position, but we require someone that is very 'close' to the technology.
- Senior level role within either a startup or midsize software company, likely as a CTO, VP, Director or Sr. Manager in Software Development. Enterprise-only experience (e.g., banks, insurance, etc.) will not be considered.
- Proven ability and drive to succeed in maturing a company from its startup roots into a well-run engineering organization.
- Ability to be a key contributor in the definition and execution of the product roadmap, beyond simply implementing what product or leadership requests.
- Experience building product for large enterprise customers and the ability to productize a platform, while also accommodating validated customer needs.
- Passion for hiring, growing & leading a well-tuned development team. As the team grows, leveraging your network and reputation will naturally be a bonus.
- Leadership experience working directly with large-scale, enterprise-grade customers and a keen ability to validate requirements, guide challenging situations & manage expectations.
- Broad technology depth with software development as a focus, but also the ability to lead systems engineering as well.
- Computer science or other relevant engineering or development background is expected, although we recognize there can be exceptions to this requirement.
Apply today or contact Bruce Dorland, Managing Director at gdR, at bruce AT grossmandorland.com to learn more.
Apply Now or Send to a Friend
To apply, you need to either access your existing gdR Jobs profile or create a new one. Here are your three options:
Option 1: Previously applied to a job on the gdR website? Enter your email & password and select Add To My Jobs.
Option 2: Previously emailed by gdR, but have never applied for a job? Click here to create a password.
We may have noticed your profile on LinkedIn or other legit resume database and added your email and resume to our system. To access your profile, create a new password and log in. If you don't receive an email from us within a few minutes, create a new profile by following the instructions below.
Option 3: Never heard from gdR before? Create a new profile.
|Click here to create a new profile and apply to this job, receive email updates from us about relevant jobs, or to become part of our referral network.
|Back to Search Results