Sr. Business Systems Analyst
|Company Focus:||Consumer Apps, Ecommerce, Media, Video Platform|
|Employment Type:||Contract - 6 month|
Sr. BSAs | Extendable Contracts | Toronto-Based | Video Platform | Massive Telco Clients
1. Functional BSA
2. Technical BSA
Are you a Business Systems Analyst who's in-tune with your users, possessing a nice blend of functional & technical expertise and who has led the design of large-scale applications? If you are, we may have a great opportunity for you with an industry-leading Fortune 500 Software Company. Their Toronto-based Product & Professional Services team has deployed their video platform to many of the world's leading Media and Telecommunications companies including Verizon, AT&T, Korea Telecom, Bell TV, Aliant, SaskTel, Telus and many others.
gdR (Grossman Dorland Recruiting) is currently working with this company to find two BSAs: a Functional BSA and a Technical BSA. The Sr. BSAs are part of their dynamic, tightly-knit Professional Services team that is based in Toronto and has over 100 people globally.
- 6 month contract to start with high likelihood of extension. Rate is competitive for software BSAs.
- Work as part of our client's professional services team, which includes engagement managers, solution architects, graphic design, UX, QA and development, to create consumer-focussed video solutions.
- Agile environment, leveraging user stories, continuous integration, QA automation, etc.
- Video platform includes ingestion, CMS, DRM, integration/workflow, publishing and streaming to mobile, web and set-top boxes.
- Video platform requires approximately 50% customization as part of the professional services engagement, so there's lots of meat to these projects.
- Become a SME on our client's video platform in order to create user stories, functional and technical designs with input from Solution Architects, Product Managers and the customer directly.
- Technical BSAs will focus on API integrations (consume & expose to integrate with OSS/BSS/portals), system & application design (work closely with J2EE devs), application workflow design, data migration, etc.
- Functional BSAs will focus on creation of user stories, ecommerce/portal applications functionality design, some limited UX design (often with help of UX Designer), workflow design, etc.
- 20-30% travel should be expected, although this could be less depending on the project. Travel to visit clients to gather requirements and discuss the overall solution.
- Platform stack includes J2EE, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, noSQL, Oracle, Hibernate, REST & SOAP services, JBoss BPM, JBoss. Technical BSA should have a background with J2EE based applications, but doesn't require experience with all elements of the stack.
- 4+ years experience as a business systems analyst in a software environment, ideally within a professional services environment where you've worked directly with external clients.
- Enterprise-focussed BSAs will not be considered for the role. Candidates must have been a BSA in a software company, for a systems integrator or other organization where you've worked directly with the dev team developing the application.
- Functional BSA requires consumer application experience (e.g., video, portals, ecommerce, mobile, web application, etc.).
- Technical BSA requires a highly technical background that includes J2EE applications (and likely development), significant exposure to API integration, large scale application design, etc.
- Agile experience required.
- Proven ability to understand user needs, gather requirements and create user stories, specifications and designs.
- Telco systems experience is ideal, such as integration with billing and provisioning systems.
- Self-starter with the necessary drive to be successful in a fast-paced environment.
- Success creating a positive, collaborative relationship with development and product management teams.
- Extremely thorough organization skills, a keen sense of priority and a proven ability to pro-actively identify and resolve problems.
- Strong written, verbal and active listening skills.
Apply today or contact Brandon Shim-Ping, Talent & Client Manager, at brandon AT grossmandorland DOT com for more information.
Apply Now or Send to a Friend
To apply, you need to either access your existing gdR Jobs profile or create a new one. Here are your three options:
Option 1: Previously applied to a job on the gdR website? Enter your email & password and select Add To My Jobs.
Option 2: Previously emailed by gdR, but have never applied for a job? Click here to create a password.
We may have noticed your profile on LinkedIn or other legit resume database and added your email and resume to our system. To access your profile, create a new password and log in. If you don't receive an email from us within a few minutes, create a new profile by following the instructions below.
Option 3: Never heard from gdR before? Create a new profile.
|Click here to create a new profile and apply to this job, receive email updates from us about relevant jobs, or to become part of our referral network.
|Back to Search Results