gdR (Grossman Dorland Recruiting) is recruiting multiple Systems Engineer and Infrastructure Engineer positions for a client that is a Fortune 500 Software Company. The software platform you'd work with is deployed into many of the leading telco and cable companies globally. This is an exciting opportunity to also work with leading technologies and large scale platforms in the digital media and video space.
There are 2 types of roles available in our client's LONDON, ON location:
1) Client facing, requiring openness to travel 20-25% of the time
2) Non-client facing, with no travel required
CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY, NOT PERM.
TORONTO, BURLINGTON, ON & CALGARY BASED POSITIONS ALSO AVAILABLE (MULTIPLE).
As part of the Professional Services team, the System Engineer is focused on client-specific engagements, including contributions to system architecture, sizing, configuration & deployment requirements, documentation and knowledge transfer to the client's IT and operations team.
As time allows, the System Engineer also contributes to all aspects of the test lab assisting in regular lab maintenance as well as, monitoring and improving the lab. This enables the Professional Services Development and QA teams to continually improve the software quality in their products. T
- Work directly with the new and existing client IT & Operations teams, and be a key contributor as part of our client's Professional Services team (e.g., Solution Architect, J2EE Developers, Ops Team, QA, etc.).
- Installation, configuration, deployment, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of the company's software platforms (Linux, J2EE, Oracle).
- Unix/linux systems administration and network administration (Cisco & Juniper multi-layer switches).
- Setup, deployment and management of the development and QA environments, while also providing complete guidance for the production environment that is deployed by the client.
- Contribute to the development of formal lab architecture documents according to the company's standard methodologies.
- There are multiple positions available, some of which require travel to customer locations (max 20% travel).
- Must be able to provide after-hours support and on-call work as required.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a unix/linux systems administrator. More senior candidates welcome.
• Excellent communication skills and confidence to interact with client IT & Operation teams directly as you will be located on-site with the client.
• Strong knowledge of Unix and Linux, including Red Hat or a similar OS.
• Experience in a professional services environment with either a software vendor or systems integrator, working directly with clients, is ideal.
• Application and web server configuration, deployment, tuning, monitoring and management within a high availability, large scale environment.
Apply today or contact Brandon at brandon AT grossmandorland DOT com or 416 642 4757 x2067 for more details.