Java Solution Architect
|Company Focus:||Consumer Apps, Ecommerce, Media, Video Platform|
|Employment Type:||Contract - 6 month|
Are you a star J2EE Solution Architect with a passion for mobile, ecommerce, and video and looking to play a leadership role with large scale client engagements? If you are, we may have the opportunity you've been waiting for. Our client is a Fortune 500 Software Company that has many of world's leading Media, Cable and Telecommunications companies as customers. Our client has a Digital Media Platform (video for web, IPTV & mobile) with millions of users globally and a Toronto-based product & professional services team. We're looking for a Solution Architect (must be Calgary-based) and multiple Senior J2EE Developers (Toronto or Calgary based).
CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY, NOT PERM.
WORK FROM HOME FLEXIBILITY.
CALGARY-BASED SOLUTION ARCHITECT ROLE.
TORONTO OR CALGARY-BASED J2EE SENIOR DEVELOPERS.
- Solution architecture of the our client's Digital Media Platform, including architecture of the required customization, configuration, integration and deployment of their core platform into either a SaaS or on-premise environment.
- Serve as the technical contact, responsible for interacting with the customer leadership and technology teams on technical matters as part of the engagement.
- Up to 25% hands-on J2EE dev as required to support the customer implementation including development of storefront and media apps customization and integration with customer web apps/billing/provisioning systems (i.e. J2EE, Web Services, Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Hibernate, etc.).
- Provide guidance to senior developers, QA, BSA, UX and program managers on your team to ensure they're aware of technical requirements and the overall solution architecture, while also helping to resolve issues and contribute to their success.
- Collaborate with other solution architects, product teams and development teams to contribute to the design of future product iterations and roadmaps and new technology introduction.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of engagement processes, introduction of new tools & technologies and the formalization of best practices within the professional services organization.
- 10+ years total experience (senior candidates welcome) and at minimum 3+ years solution architecture experience leading large complex J2EE implementation and integration projects with telco, cable or media customers.
- Solid experience in J2EE development and architecture, including deep knowledge of Spring, Spring MVC and SOAP/Rest based integrations. Experience with Hibernate, Spring Integration, noSQL and continuous integration are also desired.
- Billing, provisioning, portal, ecommerce or other telco/cable systems experience is required as these will be applications with which the Digital Media Platform will integrate.
- Agile development process experience required, although we're flexibility on which flavour of agile you've used.
- Due to the extensive team and client collaboration, excellent leadership and perfect written & verbal communication skills are required.
Apply today or contact Wendy at wendy AT grossmandorland DOT com or 416 642 4757 x2081 for more details.
Apply Now or Send to a Friend
To apply, you need to either access your existing gdR Jobs profile or create a new one. Here are your three options:
Option 1: Previously applied to a job on the gdR website? Enter your email & password and select Add To My Jobs.
Option 2: Previously emailed by gdR, but have never applied for a job? Click here to create a password.
We may have noticed your profile on LinkedIn or other legit resume database and added your email and resume to our system. To access your profile, create a new password and log in. If you don't receive an email from us within a few minutes, create a new profile by following the instructions below.
Option 3: Never heard from gdR before? Create a new profile.
|Click here to create a new profile and apply to this job, receive email updates from us about relevant jobs, or to become part of our referral network.
|Back to Search Results