Green Dot Corporation is a technology-centric, consumer-focused Bank Holding Company with a mission to reinvent personal banking for the masses. The company is the largest provider of prepaid debit card products and prepaid card reloading services in the United States as well as a leader in mobile banking with its GoBank mobile bank account offering. Green Dot Corporation products are available to consumers at more than 90,000 retailers nationwide, online and via the leading app stores. The company is headquartered in Pasadena, CA with its bank subsidiary, Green Dot Bank, located in Provo, UT. The company also has offices in Palo Alto, CA, Rogers, AR, and Tampa, FL.
Manager, Database Administration
Green Dot’s Technology Operations department is responsible for developing and enhancing infrastructure and applications to support the growth of the business and to promote a highly available and stable computing environment.
Reporting to the Director of Technology Operations, the DBA Manager will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build and high level support of all existing and new Microsoft SQL Server systems (SQL 2005/2008/2012). As the Manager of the Technology Operations Production DBA team, the successful candidate will need to work closely with our internal clients to develop consensus and find solutions to problems facing their business constituents.
This is a hands-on manager role. He/she will work with all of the IT development teams to assist in the implementation, management, development and monitoring of the databases that supports the company's IT data integration initiatives. Strong people skills and the ability to balance a large work load are key. There is never a dull moment at Green Dot, so if you are ready for a fast paced, agile environment, we look forward to reviewing your application.
- Manage a team of 3 full time production DBAs
- Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of all Green Dot databases.
- Work to ensure that the proper hardware resources are allocated to the databases, and to ensure high resilience and performance tuning.
- To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving SQL development issues.
- Responsible for improvement and maintenance of all databases, to include rollout and upgrades.
- Responsible for implementation and release of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs.
- Green Dot operates a 24x7 card processing environment. On-call / off-hours deployments and support will be required.
- Minimum of two (2) years managing a small team of DBAs.
- Minimum of six (6) years of in-depth SQL Server Database Administration experience
- Extensive experience managing multiple MS SQL 2005/2008/2012 servers on enterprise-class server clusters running Windows 2003/2008
- Strong self-sufficiency and initiative working on Database projects
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning a database to provide a high availability service.
- Experience with T-SQL, OLAP, DTS, SSIS and stored procedures
- Practical experience in managing internal and external Microsoft SQL Server database security
- Strong knowledge of Multi-Instance implementations and methodologies
- Experience with Replication, Log Shipping, and Database Mirroring
- Knowledge of SQL Service Broker
- Understanding of High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery concepts as they relate to Open Systems architecture
Green Dot is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking diversity in candidates for employment.