Job title: Deckhand
Department: Marine Operations
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Captain / Mate on duty
Inspired by a commitment to excellence, Shipmates at our Company* create unforgettable memories for our guests. The successful deckhand is responsible to maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the vessel, ensuring guest comfort and safety while underway, and assisting with docking and undocking. Shipmates must uphold the strictest safety standards for guests and crew, and will maintain a professional and friendly manner consistent with Our Service System.
- Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in Our Service System (OSS)
- Follow safety procedures in order to ensure the protection of passengers and vessel
- Participate in routine safety drills to prepare for major incidents
- Handle lines to moor vessels to pier
- Stand watch in ships' bows, sterns, or bridge wings in order to look for obstructions in a ship's path or to locate navigational aids such as buoys and lighthouses
- Assist Captain and supervisory personnel in maintain vessel equipment and systems such as HVAC, engine, and technical equipment
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of all common areas
- Sweep, mop, and wash down decks and exterior to remove dirt, and debris, using brooms, mops, brushes, and hoses
- Load or unload materials from vessels; gather and remove trash from vessel
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms
- Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time.
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards
- Other duties as assigned by the Captain or First Mate on duty.
The successful deckhand will personally contribute to the unforgettable guest experience, be favorably viewed by supervisors and peers, and be swift and efficient in the execution of their assigned duties. Performance will be measured by guest and mystery shopper satisfaction surveys, departmental tests, management evaluation, and feedback from peers on the marine operations team.
Job Specifications / qualifications:
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred
- Pre-employment and on-going random drug testing is required for all marine personnel
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers
- Must possess a service orientation – actively looking for ways to help others
- Will work for extended periods of time without sitting
- Required to lift furniture and other heavy items such as provisions up and down stairs. Required to throw mooring lines from ship to pier.
- Must have normal color vision to accurately interpret navigational lights and color-sensitive system and safety displays.
- May be required to apply for a Transportation Workers ID Card
- Will be required to be available for work on all major holidays
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Per US Coast Guard regulations, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Satisfactory background check
*For purposes of this job description only, references to the ‘Company’ are to the following subsidiaries of Entertainment Cruises, Inc.: Premier Yachts, Inc., Mystic Blue Cruises, Inc., Seadog Ventures, Inc., and Spirit Cruises, LLC. You are employed by one of these subsidiaries, not by Entertainment Cruises, Inc.
Entertainment Cruises, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law.