Note: This position is not available for Visa sponsorship. Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without the need for sponsorship
The Senior IT Program Manager, Human Resources will act as the IT focal point supporting the Global Human Resources Organization for the analysis, development and deployment of world class IT tools and solutions that support the Global HR Strategies. The Senior IT Program Manager, Human Resources will provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, developing and implementing system solutions, processes, reports and procedures that meet user requirements. This position will plan, direct and complete analysis of business requirements and act as a liaison between the HR community and internal IT resources.
• Identify, prioritize, and manage projects in the functional area of Human Resources, from inception through completion. Ensure that functional requirements are gathered and translated into appropriate functional specification documents, project plans are created and maintained, and ultimate solutions are identified and deployed as required. Coordinate the completion of tasks with both IT and HR team members and management teams.
• Together with the HR Leadership Team, define and analyze system needs and requirements, prepare business cases, and communicate those needs using the proper tools to the IT organization.
• Identify alternatives based on best practices and application functionality. Anticipate and identify issues and develop recommendations and courses of action which are consistent with business objectives and functional requirements.
• Act as Global Liaison between HR and IT teams, with the ability to present technical information to a non-technical audience, and an ability to understand and interpret business requirements.
• Develop and deliver functional/system specifications and user-training documents.
• Coordinate application testing, including the maintaining of test scripts and conducting UAT (User Acceptance Test) sessions, to ensure successful system deployments.
• Provide support as needed, in coordination with the overall IT M&A program, for mergers, acquisitions and divestitures that the company may undertake which impact HR Systems.
• Define and deliver effective business reports to support HR strategic business objectives. Ensure that the needs of HR are addressed in the overall business intelligence and reporting solutions created for the company.
• Comply with and participate in development of process documentation and test plans in support of Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
• Other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer without the need for sponsorship
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- 10+ years experience in gathering, analyzing, designing complex IT systems
- 5+ years experience managing complex IT projects to successful completion
- 3-5 years experience in implementing and maintaining HRMS on an Oracle E-business R12 ERP
- 3+ years experience supporting Human Resources users and systems, with strong understanding of Human Resource functions such as staffing, compensation, timekeeping, payroll and benefits, and talent development
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use a variety of approaches to collaborate with and influence functional counterparts, supplier partners, contract resources, and IT peers
- Ability to work with a global perspective
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certified
- Experience in building and supporting HR systems in a publicly traded, multi-national firm
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both written and verbally in an organized and concise manner
- Ability to express ideas and information clearly and accurately. Proactively and tactfully addresses concerns with others when problems persist.
- Takes personal responsibility for evaluating and determining the best path forward when responding to a request from customers.
- Ability to recognize and acknowledge when something is not working and make necessary changes.
- Demonstrates respect for others by seeking to understand how one thinks about issues and perceives problems and opportunities.
- Actively builds relationships and networks with others across Cubist, working constructively across organizational boundaries despite differences in interests, perspectives and needs.
- Recognizes opportunities and/or issues and applies analytical and creative thinking to maximize performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily within the context of the representative work environment and physical demands described above. Likewise, qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the position’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.