The Desktop Architect will lead, facilitate, analyze and design processes and tasks required for the development of the company's end user computing architecture. They will define high level migration plans to move from current to future states, detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions, oversee the research, evaluation and selection of hardware and software, the design of standard configurations, consult on technology implementations and modification activities for new or shared end user computing solutions.
- Responsible for full Cubist device life cycle including:
- Initial application discovery, compatibility, problem research – Discovers new applications that will improve productivity at Cubist. Researches and resolves problems to ensure compatibility with other systems.
- Application discovery, compatibility and automated remediation (Microsoft Applications Compatibility Toolkit)
- Image development, deployment, scripting of system builds.
- Package development, package testing and interoperability with legacy applications.
- Management of Desktop Management Systems (InTune, System Center, Disk Encryption, Access Management)
- Third-level production support of enterprise desktop applications
The Candidate requires full understanding of configuration management best practices and ability to provide full package documentation and build notes.
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of relevant Desktop Management experience.
- 6+ years of Desktop Security and application management experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Architect, design and build Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 images for traditional, thin, and VDI clients.
- Performs special assignments and provides technical advice in area of expertise.
- Active Directory and Group Policy Systems management solutions including Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Windows Intune.
- Demonstrates ability to advance technologies, processes, and practices in area of specialization or discipline.
- Provide technical leadership and planning for future initiatives.
- Manage problem escalation and communication with Senior Management team, and where appropriate, customers.
- Manage to budget targets and goals.
- Ability to provide architectural direction for multiple medium to large sized projects concurrently in various stages of their lifecycle or a large project full time.
- Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the following areas with strong understanding of:
- Virtual server and desktop (VDI) solutions, including VMware, Citrix and Microsoft's offerings.
- Desktop Security platforms and tools, personal firewalls, disk encryption, and malware/virus protection.
- System Center Configuration Manager, Thinapp, InTune, AppSence, App Locker, App Compatibility. BitLocker, VDI, App-V, Med-V, ACLs and related technologies & skills.
- All around risk and security assessment in relation to Desktop environments.
- Experience or pre-certification training for Windows 7, configuring, certification.
- Deep technical experience with Windows XP, Windows 7 and associated tools.
- Problem diagnosis and Customer focus.
- Lead Group Policy Objects (GPO) and how they interact with the OS.
- Understand the complexities of the system registry and can identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues caused by the registry.
- Understand "Resource Monitor" metrics and can identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to resource metrics.
- Be skilled with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Have strong scripting abilities with languages including Winbatch, Visual Basic and Powershell.
- Deep understanding of Sophos/RSA/Microsoft/Checkpoint end-point security solutions.
- Be familiar with Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012, Office 2003, 2007, 2010,2013.
- Direct experience in the management of SaaS, outsourced, and/or hosted service providers, desktop security providers, and IT equipment suppliers.
- Experience with Mac OS X and Mac hardware a plus.
- Life Sciences and/or Lab technology experience a plus.
- Proficiency in industry standard project management (MS Project, Excel) and budgeting (Excel) tools a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of self-awareness, effective time management, takes ownership for balancing a challenging, but manageable set of priorities
- Demonstrated track record of effective communications across an organization in the delivery of products, services, and support
- Commits to timely, effective delivery of products, services that meet or exceed expectations, at or under cost, and on or ahead of time
- Audience appropriate, focused, and effective communications across the organization and with external service partners
- takes ownership of continuous personal self-development
- Rapidly growing, technically demanding real time operational IT work environment.
- Rapidly changing service delivery model (managing partners and customers to success – SaaS, Microsoft and other Desktop vendors).
- Small team dynamic, highly shared works streams, shared responsibilities.
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds, IT equipment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily within the context of the representative work environment and physical demands described above. Likewise, qualifications listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the position’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cubist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V