Viper Technology Services is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business with a 10-year history of performance building global information systems for U.S. Joint DOD and U.K. MOD logistics programs.
Currently Viper has an immediate opening for a System Administrator/Integration Engineer for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Autonomics Logistics Information System (ALIS) at Marine Corps Air Station Yuma in Arizona. Work requirements include a Department of Defense Secret security clearance (prefer Top Secret). This position will support the system integration for a cutting edge supply chain and aircraft maintenance system for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program and it will have a significant impact on the success of this new system.
- Loading and supporting system software upgrades/patches, verifying that services/applications, development tools and databases packages are running and maintained in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements
- Monitoring and tuning systems to achieve an optimum level of performance and coordinating mission efforts with Network Engineering, System Engineering, and Project Engineering staff
- Performing review of system security, system and application event logs, performing backups to systems, and performing firmware and OS upgrades as required, as well as configuring, monitoring, and maintaining intrusion detection systems, firewalls, and VPNs
- Restoring infrastructure at offsite disaster recovery site
- Applying hardware and software changes to production systems during maintenance windows
- Working after hours and weekends as needed
- Active Department of Defense Secret security clearance (prefer Top Secret)
- 3-4 years’ experience with
- configuring and deploying ESX or ESXI servers
- administrating VMware vSphere
- managing and configuring Storage Area Network (SAN)
- firewall devices and SSLVPN appliances to include policy configuration, SSLVPN, point to point IPSEC VPN and client side IPSEC VPN
- Windows 2003-2008 servers to include Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy
- Windows update, applying patching, DISA STIG, backup/restore, imaging and disaster recovery planning
- knowledge of network to include IP addressing, masking, broadcasting, VLAN and routing
- troubleshooting to include root cause analysis for 3 Tier and thin client applications
- Oracle database, SQL programming language, Java JDK, IDS and IPS is helpful
- Ability to work under pressure and to respond quickly
- Strong communication, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent documentation skills
This work directly supports lifecycle system management and sustainment for live flight operations of more than a dozen F-35 Lightning II aircraft representing variants for the United States Air Force, United States Marine Corps and, eventually, expected variants for the United States Navy and nine International Ministry of Defense partner nations. The job offers significant opportunities for enhanced income through straight time overtime, as well as excellent benefits and paid time off. Work hours will be second shift (generally 3:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m., Monday through Friday) plus weekends on a rotational basis. AA/EOE.